I Heart You, Pare!
|I ♥ You, Pare!|
|Also known as||I ♥ You, Bro|
|Opening theme||"This Guy is in Love with You Pare" by Dingdong Dantes and Regine Velasquez|
|Ending theme||"True Romance" by Regine Velasquez|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||78|
|Executive producer(s)||Wilma Galvante|
|Production location(s)||Metro Manila, Philippines|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30–45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||GMA Entertainment TV|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||February 7– May 27, 2011|
I ♥ You, Pare! (International title: I ♥ You, Bro / read as I Heart You, Pare! / lit. I Heart You, Man!) is a 2011 Philippine television drama romantic comedy series broadcast by GMA Network. Directed by Andoy Ranay and Joyce E. Bernal, it stars Regine Velasquez and Dingdong Dantes. It premiered on February 7, 2011 on the network's Telebabad line up replacing Beauty Queen and worldwide on February 9, 2011 on GMA Pinoy TV. The series concluded on May 27, 2011 with a total of 78 episodes. It was replaced by Amaya in its timeslot.
Tonya is a prim and proper country lass who lives a quiet, contented life in Vigan where she owns and manages a funeral home, when fate would have it that she meets Kenneth, an adventurous guy from Manila who always seems to get on the wrong side with his father. Kenneth, who is nursing a broken heart after learning that his father had arranged for his older brother to marry Kenneth's girlfriend, is swept away by Tonya's simplicity and candidness, and finds himself falling in-love with her.
A car accident which kills a young lady pushes Tonya to go into hiding as she is pursued by the young lady's gangster boyfriend on the mistaken conclusion that Tonya herself had caused the accident and subsequent death of the young lady. Tonya's uncle, Cesar (Sarsi), takes her to Manila where he and his old time gay friends decide that the best way to keep Tonya hidden from her pursuers is for her to assume a faux gay identity as Tonnette. To complete the disguise, they take her to Club Love, a top class act that features musical numbers featuring talented transvestites. As it turns out, Club Love is managed by Kenneth's colorful aunt who has recently hired him as co-manager.
Cast and characters
- Lead cast
- Iza Calzado (episode 46 to 78) / Regine Velasquez (first 45 episodes) as Antonia "Tonya" Estrella / Tonette
- Dingdong Dantes as Kenneth Castillo
- Supporting cast
- Mark Anthony Fernandez as Chito Salazar
- Celia Rodriguez as Marita Castillo
- Tirso Cruz III as Cesar / Sarsi
- Ian Veneracion as Ramon Castillo
- Luz Valdez as Charito Castillo
- Chinggoy Alonzo as Carlos Romualdez
- Marc Abaya as Joel
- Ehra Madrigal as Mandy
- Via Antonio as Polly
- Paolo Ballesteros as Vodka
- Antonio Aquitania as Sonny Boy
- Carlo Gonzales as Caloy
- Peter Serrano as Vi
- Arthur Solinap as Chong
- Luane Dy as Nikki Romualdez
- Butz Aquino as Henry Castillo
- Racquel Villavicencio as Corazon Romualdez
- Joey Paras as Serbeza
- Joel Camacho as Pepsi
- Boy Alano as Coka
- Special participation
According to AGB Nielsen Philippines' Mega Manila People/Individual television ratings, the pilot episode of I Heart You, Pare! earned an 11.4% rating. While the final episode scored a 22.9% rating in Mega Manila household television ratings.
Home media release
- Director Andoy Ranay works for the first time with Regine Velasquez and Dingdong Dantes in I Heart You Pare
- Regine Velasquez bids hectic work schedule goodbye to prepare for her wedding
- Santiago, Erwin (February 8, 2011). "AGB Nielsen Mega Manila People Ratings (Feb. 4-7): I ♥ You Pare and Babaeng Hampaslupa make impressive debuts; Mara Clara still rules". Retrieved March 5, 2018.
- Santiago, Erwin (May 31, 2011). "AGB Nielsen Mega Manila People & Household Ratings (May 27-30): Amaya begins its epic journey; Mara Clara still leads primetime". Retrieved March 5, 2018.
|This Philippine television program-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|