Ballesteros in 2012
|Born||Paolo Elito Ballesteros IV
November 29, 1982
Cabanatuan, Nueva Ecija, Philippines
|Other names||Paolo Ballesteros|
|Occupation||Actor, TV Host, model, comedian, product endorser|
Paolo Elito Macapagal Ballesteros IV (born November 29, 1982 in Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija, Philippines) better known as Paolo Ballesteros is a Filipino actor, TV host, model and impersonator. Other name Philippines Transformer Star. He has appeared in films and several TV shows, and has been one of the co-hosts of longtime noontime show Eat Bulaga! since 2001. Currently, he is managed by talent manager Joji Dingcong who previously handled Piolo Pascual and Cogie Domingo.
In 2001, Ballesteros joined the noontime show Eat Bulaga! as segment host for the campus pageant "U-Bet", with fellow newcomers Phoemela Barranda and Derek Ramsay. After "U-Bet" ended its run, he was immediately elevated to regular host status. His daily exposure on the show and immense rapport with the veteran "Bulaga" hosts won him a wide fan base.
In 2002, he was nominated for Best New Male Personality at the Star Awards for Television. He won the award, besting fellow nominees Dennis Trillo and Railey Valeroso. He also started appearing in other TV shows like "Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin" and "Kahit Kailan" of GMA-7. However, he was best known for his wacky stint in the now-defunct GMA sitcom "Daddy Di Do Du" as Danica Sotto's boyfriend. Soon after, he was cast in movies like "Pakisabi na Lang" and "Anghel sa Lupa" of Regal Films.
In 2003, Ballesteros's TV stints were limited only to Eat Bulaga! and "Daddy Di Do Du" however he was kept busy by performing in comedy bars like "Klownz" and "Zirkoh," which are owned by fellow Eat Bulaga! co-host Allan K.
He made his name as a young host/TV comedian, and was then paired with Ciara Sotto. Their team which started in the "Bulagaan" segment of Eat Bulaga! soon branched out to other TV shows. They did Season 7 and Season 9 of "Love to Love" which gained high ratings. They were also paired in "Enteng Kabisote 3". However, their pairing soon ended when Ciara quit Eat Bulaga! to perform in concerts abroad.
In 2007, Ballesteros' appearance on the daily noontime show Eat Bulaga! was reduced to a weekly stint on Saturdays. His other TV show, "Daddy Di Do Du" ended and was replaced with "Fulhaus". While on free time, he was included in the digital sci-fi independent film "Xenoa" where he was involved in several difficult action scenes. After "Xenoa", Ballesteros was included in the cast of "Zaido: Pulis Pangkalawakan" as one of the main villains of the show (the other being Jay Manalo). He plays Ida, the transvestite grandson of Kuuma Le-ar. The role of Ida of Zaido paved his way on becoming a household name in primetime television. Ballesteros became more famous due to his role as "Precious Paola Nicole" in BEBOT segment of Eat Bulaga, where he won the title in 2005. After Zaido, he returned to Eat Bulaga on weekdays. He later joined the cast of Dyesebel which also starred Marian Rivera and Dingdong Dantes. In 2009, Ballesteros played "Afie" in the drama "Ang Babaeng Hinugot Sa Aking Tadyang" where he worked with Marian Rivera for the second time.
In 2010, Ballesteros worked with Claudine Barretto in an episode of the GMA drama-anthology "Claudine" where he once again played a transvestite. Unlike his previous gay roles where his characterizations were described as "campy" by some critics, his role in that particular episode as a vengeful transvestite half-brother of Barretto drew rave reviews.
In the later part of 2010, Paolo unofficially formed a comic trio with Eat Bulaga! co-hosts Jose Manalo and Wally Bayola when they were assigned to host the show's segment "Juan for All, All for Juan. " In this segment, Paolo and his co-hosts visit different barangays and give various gifts in cash and kind to the lucky homeviewers.
Later in 2011, Ballesteros won Eat Bulaga!'s EB Universe 2011 contest as Ms. Philippines' Shamcey Mwah Mwah Tsup Tsup (parody of Shamcey Supsup) in a special episode.
He also joined the cast of I Heart You, Pare which premiered on February 7, 2011, starring Regine Velasquez and Dingdong Dantes. Paolo portrayed the role of Vodka, a drag queen. Vodka was the star performer of Club Love and Tonette’s (played by Regine Velasquez) biggest rival among the club's gay performers. The show ended its run on May 27, 2011.
However, in March 2016, he was reportedly suspended from Eat Bulaga! for six months due to the rants he posted on his Facebook account regarding the live show set-ups like about the catering and others. During his suspension, Ballesteros spent his time in portraying his main roles in two different movies: Die Beautiful and Bakit Lahat ng Gwapo May BF?. Ballesteros returned to Eat Bulaga! in September 5, 2016. Ballesteros won his first international Best Actor award for playing his role in Die Beautiful in 29th Tokyo International Film Festival.
Impersonation and makeup transformation
Ballesteros is renowned for his various impersonation of female and male artists and has earned international acclaim for his makeup skills. To this date, he has posted pictures of his numerous makeup transformations through his Instagram account, transforming himself into the likes of Tyra Banks, Caitlyn Jenner, Angelina Jolie, Mariah Carey, Kim Kardashian, Beyoncé, Ariana Grande, Drew Barrymore, Kristen Stewart, Lucy Liu, Rihanna, Demi Moore, Anne Hathaway, Emma Stone, Katy Perry, Madonna, Megan Fox to a name of few, as well as local artists like Marian Rivera, Nora Aunor, and Vic Sotto.
For the 2016 Tokyo International Film Festival he impersonated two female celebrities. First one was Angelina Jolie (calling himself "Angelina Magdangal") during the red carpet and opening ceremony, in an Emerald Modern Filipiniana Fishtail black velvet terno gown, with typical squared sleeves, black opera gloves and black high heels. On the awards night and following press conference he emulated Julia Roberts, wearing a gold sequin dress with white high heels and white opera gloves.
|2001||Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin||Paul||GMA Network|
|2001–present||Eat Bulaga!||Himself/Co-Host/Performer/Lola Tidora/Doña Isadora Smash y Zobeyala/Mommy Dub/Doña Ariana Miley-Zobeyala|
|2005-06||Daddy Di Do Du||Paolo|
|2005||Love To Love||Eric
(Episode: "Love-an O Bawi")
|2006||Amando / Mandy
(Episode: "Best Friends")
|2007–08||Zaido: Pulis Pangkalawakan||Ida|
|2009||SRO Cinemaserye Presents: "Rowena Joy"||RJ|
|Ang Babaeng Hinugot Sa Aking Tadyang||Alfie|
|2010||The Last Prince||Diwani Anexi|
(Episode: "Doble Cara" - June 26, 2010)
(Episode: "Dedbol in a Major Major Way")
|Face To Face||Himself|
|2011||I Heart You, Pare!||Vodka||GMA Network|
|Kung Aagawin Mo Ang Langit||Aloha|
|2013||Kidlat||Walter / Warla||TV5|
|The Ryzza Mae Show||Himself
(Guest: "Birthday Special, Part 2" - June 14, 2013)
|Vampire Ang Daddy Ko||Andres Bonifacio / Andong "Dong"
(Guest: November 30, 2013)
|2014||Karugtong Ng Puso: An Eat Bulaga Lenten Drama Special||Reynaldo / Baldo|
|2015||Biro Ng Kapalaran: An Eat Bulaga Lenten Drama Special||Obet|
|Sabado Badoo||Himself Cameo Footage Featured|
|2016||Kaputol ng Buhay: An Eat Bulaga Lenten Drama Special||Lola Tidora|
|2002||Pakisabi Nalang na mahal ko siya||Martin||Regal Films|
|2003||Anghel sa Lupa||Ariel|
|2004||Enteng Kabisote: Okay ka, Fairy Ko: The Legend||Fantastikman||OctoArts Films and M-Zet Productions|
|2006||Metlogs (Metrosexual Jologs)||Rodelio "Rodel" Dapulo||Grupong Sinehan Production|
|Enteng Kabisote 3: Okay ka, Fairy Ko: The Legend Goes on and on and on||Pao||OctoArts Films and M-Zet Productions|
|2007||Xenoa||Zeus||Xion Films, Visual Camp, and Multimedia Arts|
|2008||Xenoa 2: Clash of the Bloods|
|2009||Kimmy Dora: Kambal sa Kiyeme||Cameo Role / Waiter||Spring Films, MJM Productions, Solar Films, and Star Cinema|
|2011||Pak! Pak! My Dr. Kwak!||Anton||Star Cinema, M-Zet Productions, APT Entertainment, and OctoArts Films|
|Enteng Ng Ina Mo||Gay Lover||Star Cinema, M-Zet Productions, OctoArts Films, and APT Entertainment|
|2012||D' Kilabots Pogi Brothers Weh?!||Tweety||APT Entertainment and M-Zet Productions|
|2013||My Little Bossings||Alat||OctoArts Films, M-Zet Productions, APT Entertainment, and Kris Aquino Productions|
|2014||So It's You||L.A.||Regal Films|
|My Big Bossing's Adventure||Alat||M-Zet Films, APT Entertainment, Octoarts|
|2015||My Bebe Love||Raymond||M-Zet Films, APT Entertainment, Octoarts Films, GMA Films, Meda Productions|
|2016||Lumayo Ka Nga Sa Akin||Señorito Bogz Lee Ginintuan||Viva Films, Heaven's Best Entertainment|
|Bakit Lahat ng Gwapo may Boyfriend?||Benj||Viva Films,|
|Die Beautiful||Trisha||Hong Kong – Asia Film Financing Forum, APT Entertainment, TheIdeaFirst Company, October Train Films|
|Enteng Kabisote 10 and the Abangers||Lola Tidora||Octo Arts Films, M-Zet Productions|
|Year||Award Giving Body||Work/Nominee||Award||Result|
|2002||16th PMPC Star Awards for Television||Daddy Di Do Du||Best New Male TV Personality||Won|
|2015||Eastwood City Walk of Fame||Himself||Walk of Fame Star Inductee||Inducted|
|2016||USTv Students' Choice Awards||Eat Bulaga!: Kalyeserye (with Jose & Wally)||Special Recognition for Social Media Phenomenon||Won|
|47th GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards||Himself with Jose & Wally||Bert Marcelo Lifetime Achievement Award||Won|
|Platinum Stallion Media Awards||Eat Bulaga!: Kalyeserye||Trinitian Awardee for Values-Oriented TV Character||Won|
|29th Tokyo International Film Festival||Die Beautiful||Best Actor||Won|
|21st International Film Festival of Kerala||Special Jury Award for Outstanding Performance||Won|
|42nd Metro Manila Film Festival||Best Actor||Won|
|2017||Film Development Council of the Philippines||Film Ambassador Award||Won|
|Gawad A.N.A.K||Himself||Ang Natatanging Anak Kabanatuan||Won|
|15th Gawad Tanglaw Awards||Die Beautiful||Best Actor||Won|
|Guild of Educators, Mentors and Students||Best Actor||Won|
|Gawad Bedista Awards||Actor of the Year for Film||Won|
|9th Ani ng Dangal Awards||Ani ng Dangal Awardee||Won|
|48th GMMSF Box-Office Entertainment Awards||Global Achievement by a Filipino Artist (Tokyo Best Actor)||Won|
- "Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho: From Makeup Transformation to International Best Actor". youtube.com. Kapuso Mo, Jessica Soho. November 14, 2016. Retrieved December 26, 2016.
- "Paolo Ballesteros suspended from Eat Bulaga for six months?". PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal). March 17, 2016. Retrieved September 7, 2016.
- "Paolo Ballesteros back on 'Eat Bulaga'". Manila Bulletin. September 5, 2016. Retrieved September 7, 2016.
- "Paolo Ballesteros: 12 wild makeup transformation moments". Rappler.com. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- "Tyra praises Paolo Ballesteros' makeup transformation". ABS-CBNnews.com. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- Orofino, Emily. "He Did It Again! A Man Transforms Into Caitlyn Jenner With Makeup". Popsugar.com. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- Peterson, Jessie. "See One Guy Transform Himself Into 16 Celebrities With Makeup". MTV.com. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- "LOOK: Vic Sotto, first male celebrity makeup transformation ni Paolo Ballesteros". GMA News. Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- "Kalyeserye stars, Kapuso personalities get stars in PHL Walk of Fame". GMA Network. 1 December 2015. Retrieved 16 July 2016.
- "Ilang programa ng GMA Network, pinarangalan sa 12th USTV Students' Choice Awards". GMA Network. 22 April 2016. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- Calderon, Nora V. (21 February 2016). "John Lloyd, Bea, Vice, Coco, Vic, Ai-Ai lead winners at the Box Office Entertainment Awards". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "GMA Network Inc wins big at the Platinum Stallion Awards". GMA Network. 27 January 2016. Retrieved 18 July 2016.
- "Paolo Ballesteros wins Best Actor in Tokyo International Film Festival". gmanetwork.com. GMA News Online. 3 November 2016. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- "Paolo Ballesteros wins another int’l award for ‘Die Beautiful’". inquirer.net. Philippine Daily Inquirer. 19 December 2016. Retrieved 29 December 2016.
- "MMFF 2016 winners revealed: Paolo Ballesteros, Irma Adlawan named Best Actor and Best Actress". pep.ph. Philippine Entertainment Portal. 29 December 2016. Retrieved 29 December 2016.
- "FULL LIST: Winners, MMFF 2016 Gabi ng Parangal". rappler.com. Rappler. 29 December 2016. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- "FDCP honors film ambassadors". bworldonline.com. BusinessWorld. Retrieved 7 February 2017.
- "Paolo nakatanggap ng 4 bagong award para sa ‘Die Beautiful’". bandera.inquirer.net. Bandera. Retrieved 7 February 2017.
- "Charo Santos, Jaclyn Jose, Paolo Ballesteros at Allen Dizon, big winners at the 15thGawad Tanglaw". push.abs-cbn.com. ABS-CBN. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- "Paolo recently won the Actor of the Year award in the Gawad Bedista". gmanetwork.com. GMA Network. Retrieved 23 February 2017.
- "Jaclyn Jose, Paolo Ballesteros, Barbie Forteza, and Therese Malvar to be honored at the 9th Ani ng Dangal Awards". gmanetwork.com. GMA Network. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
- Aquino, Anne Charmaine (23 April 2017). "Kapuso program and stars, wagi sa 48th Box Office Entertainment Awards". GMA Network, Inc. Retrieved 25 April 2017.