IC Catholic Prep (Elmhurst, Illinois)
|IC Catholic Prep|
|217 Cottage Hill Avenue
Elmhurst, Illinois 60126
|Oversight||Diocese of Joliet|
|President||Amy R. Fahey|
|Principal||Pamela M. Levar|
|Pastor||Very Rev. Thomas Paul|
|Student to teacher ratio||19:1|
|Color(s)||Navy Blue and White|
|Slogan||The School for Independent Thinkers|
|Athletics conference||Metro Suburban Conference|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools|
IC Catholic Prep (ICCP) is a private, Roman Catholic high school in Elmhurst, Illinois. It is located in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Joliet in IllinoisIC competes in the Metro Suburban Conference. The Boys athletic teams are nicknamed the "Knights", while the Girls teams are known as the "Lady Knights". The boys football team has won state championships in 2002 (class 3A), 2008 (class 2A) and 2016 (class 3A). ICCP was established in 1936 by Monsignor William J. Plunkett. It is the oldest Catholic, coeducational high school in DuPage County, Illinois. It is also the only parish-based high school in DuPage County.
In January 2013, IC High School was renamed IC Catholic Prep to reflect the school's pursuit and teaching of Catholic values.
- Bob McMillen, Former arena football player and current head football coach
- Skip Pitlock, Former MLB player (San Francisco Giants, Chicago White Sox)
- Joey Bianchini, First Wrestling State Champ in school history
Notes and references
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on April 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-28.
- ICHS. "Immaculate Conception High School History". Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- Chadra, Karen (January 9, 2013). "IC High School Re-brands Itself With the Help of a Marketing Firm". Elmhurst Patch. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- Baseball-Reference.com. "Skip Pitlock Statistics and History". Retrieved 2013-01-15.
|This Illinois school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|