Imran N. Hosein
|Imran Nazar Hosein|
Imran Nazar Hosein
|Born||1942 (age 74–75)
Trinidad and Tobago
|Occupation||Islamic scholar, author, philosopher|
Imran Nazar Hosein (born 1942) is an Islamic scholar, author and philosopher specializing in Islamic eschatology, world politics, economics, and modern socio-economic/political issues. He is the author of Jerusalem in the Qur'an and other books.
Imran Hosein was born on the Caribbean island of Trinidad in 1942 from parents whose ancestors had migrated as indentured labourers from India. He worked for several years as a Foreign Service Officer in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Government of Trinidad and Tobago. He served as Principal of the Aleemiyah Institute of Islamic Studies in Karachi as well as Imam at Masjid Dar al-Qur'an in Long Island, New York. He also led the weekly Jumu'ah prayers and delivered the sermon at the United Nations headquarters in Manhattan once a month for ten years continuously.
He has traveled continuously and extensively around the world on Islamic lecture tours since graduating from the Aleemiyah Institute of Islamic Studies in 1971 at age 29, and he has also written more than a dozen books on Islam.
A complete listing of his books may be found here
- Jerusalem in the Quran
- An Islamic View of Gog and Magog in the Modern Age
- The Gold Dinar and Silver Dirham - Islam and Future of Money
- George Bernard Shaw and the Islamic Scholar
- Islam and Buddhism in the Modern World
- The Caliphate, the Hejaz and the Saudi-Wahhabi Nation-State
- Surah Al-Kahf and the Modern Age
- Surah Al-Kahf - Arabic text - Translation and Modern Commentary
- The Prohibition of Riba in the Quran and Sunnah
- An Introduction to Methodology for Study of the Qur’an
- "Islamic centre the voice for poor Muslims in the world, says scholar | The Brunei Times". bt.com.bn. Archived from the original on 2014-05-12. Retrieved 2014-05-11.
- ".:Plata:.". plata.com.mx. Retrieved 2014-05-11.
- "EGYPT - MALAYSIA Sheikh Imran Nazar Hosein: The referendum and the Constitution in Egypt are an insult to Islam - Asia News". asianews.it. Retrieved 2014-05-11.
- "Online edition of Sunday Observer - Business". sundayobserver.lk. Archived from the original on 2003-08-17. Retrieved 2014-05-11.
- "About Imran N Hosein". imranhosein.org. Retrieved 2014-05-11.
- on YouTube