Indrajith (2017 film)
Theatrical release poster
|Produced by||Kalaipuli S. Thanu|
|Edited by||V. T. Vijayan|
S. R. Ganesh Babu
Indrajith is a 2017 Indian Tamil-language action adventure film directed by Kalaprabhu and produced by his father Kalaipuli S. Thanu. The film features Gautham Karthik and Ashrita Shetty in the lead roles, while Sonarika Bhadoria, Sudhanshu Pandey, Sachin Khedekar, Nagendra Babu and M. S. Bhaskar play supporting roles.
Mayilvaganan, a retired archeological professor is in search of a mystical stone mentioned in the holy boos, which has the ability to cure dreaded diseases like cancer. In his hunt for the stone, he forms a team of youngsters, which include Indrajith, a happy-go-lucky guy, and an adventure junkie. Whilst the team has a well laid out map, they are up against Kapil Sharma, the head of Archaeological Survey of India and an old foe of Mayilvaganan.
- Gautham Karthik as Indrajith
- Sonarika Bhadoria as Meetah
- Ashrita Shetty as Smitha
- Sudhanshu Pandey as Kapil Sharma
- Sachin Khedekar as Mayil Vahanam
- Nagendra Babu as Ravi
- M. S. Bhaskar as Salim
- Rajveer Ankur Singh as Tarang Singh
The collaboration between actor and director was first reported in October 2013, with Kalaprabhu revealing that his second venture after Sakkarakatti (2008), would be an action adventure film produced by his father. Gautham Karthik was signed to play the title role, while actresses Ashrita Shetty and Sonarika Bhadoria were selected to play female leading roles. Shankar–Ehsaan–Loy were initially announced as the film's music composers, but delays later meant that newcomer KP was selected to compose the film's soundtrack and score. A first look poster for the film was revealed in January 2014, stating that production was in progress. The team announced that schedules were set to take place in Chennai, Arunachal Pradesh and then Goa, while also revealing that the title was reference to the character Indrajith from the Indian epic Ramayana. It was later revealed that the film would be along the lines of the Indiana Jones films, with Gautham Karthik and Sonarika featuring in a group of fortune seekers, also including Sudanshu Pandey and theatre actor Amit.
The team began filming in early 2014, with shoots conducted in Chennai and Pondicherry. A further twelve day shoot schedule in Goa during July 2014, with Sachin Khedekar joining the cast to portray a professor. After a long schedule break, the team reconvened in April 2015 to complete the rest of the shoot. Sports person turned actor Rajveer Singh is essaying the role of antagonist.
The film's teaser trailer was released during April 2016 and was attached to screenings featuring Thanu's other production, Theri (2016). In an interview in May 2016, Gautham Karthik revealed that the film was completed and was awaiting a release date.
|Soundtrack album by |
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
- Sembaruthi - Bombay Jayashree
- Aayiram Thamarai - Karthik, Shilvi Sharon
- Kadhal Veesi - Neha Bhasin
- Vidigira Vaanil - Javed Ali
- Ennenna Kaatchigal - Jaspreet Jasz, Arjun Chandy
Release and reception
- "Gautham Karthik to team up with Kala Prabhu — Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 21 October 2013. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- "Shankar, Ehsaan, Loy score for Indrajith — Times Of India".
- "Etcetera: Roles of substance". 12 April 2014 – via The Hindu.
- "A new baddie to look out for". www.deccanchronicle.com/. 15 July 2017. Retrieved 15 July 2017.
- "Indrajith movie review: This Gautham Karthik film doesn't even try to keep the viewer engaged". The Indian Express. 24 November 2017. Retrieved 2 December 2017.