|Production||Concept car only|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||2-door coupe|
|Engine||3.7 L 24-valve DOHC twin-turbo V6 engine, 3D Electric Power Assist Motor|
|Wheelbase||2,800 mm (110 in)|
|Length||4,720 mm (186 in)|
|Width||1,960 mm (77 in)|
|Height||1,310 mm (52 in)|
The Infiniti Essence is a concept sports car designed by Infiniti to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the Infiniti brand. The vehicle was unveiled at the 2009 Geneva Motor Show.  The car is a hybrid electric vehicle and is among the first energy-efficient cars Infiniti has released.
The vehicle was designed by Infiniti design director Takashi Nakajima. Its external appearance is a modern interpretation of "coke bottle styling", a feature that was very popular during the 1960s and 1970s internationally. The interior design was initially conceived (Paul Ray) in the Nissan Design Europe studio based in Paddington, London. Following the interior concept being chosen it was then further developed and built in Japan.
The Essence concept is not expected to enter production, but elements from the car were planned to be incorporated into later Infiniti models.
It included a 3.7 L V6 gasoline engine with twin turbochargers rated 440 PS (324 kW; 434 hp), an electric motor (called 3D Motor) rated 160 PS (118 kW; 158 hp) and 500 N⋅m (369 lb⋅ft), with a combined rating of 600 PS (441 kW; 592 hp).
The electric motor was powered by lithium-ion battery at lower trunk area.
The Infiniti Essence also contains safety features to prevent collisions in the back and side that are known as Side Collision Prevention (SCP) and Back-up Collision Prevention (BCP). Sensors on the sides and back warn the driver when it senses a vehicle, and brakes are activated if the warning is ignored.
- "Infiniti Essence Concept Debuts At Geneva Motor Show - Represents The Magnification Of "Inspired Performance" (Press release)". Infiniti News. 3 March 2012. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
- Paukert, Chris (3 March 2009). "Geneva 2009: Consider The Show Stopped - Infiniti rolls out its Essence on a grand scale". www.autoblog.com. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- Tony Lewin; Ryan Borroff; Ian Callum (6 November 2010). How to Design Cars Like a Pro. MotorBooks International. p. 40. ISBN 978-0-7603-3695-3. Retrieved 11 June 2011.
- Taing, Mengly (24 April 2009). "Infiniti Essence - The Green Design 100 - TIME". Time Inc. Retrieved 11 June 2011.
- "'The Essence is the Realization of Infiniti's Personality'". www.infinitiusa.com. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- Jewett, Dale (3 March 2009). "Geneva motor show: Infiniti Essence joins luxury-coupe scene - Autoweek". www.autoweek.com. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- "Infiniti Essence Concept". www.rsportscars.com. Retrieved 4 April 2012.