|Manufacturer||Nissan Motor Company|
|Also called||Nissan Skyline Crossover (Japan)
Infiniti EX (2007-2014)
|Assembly||Tochigi, Tochigi, Japan|
|Designer||Tadayoshi Iida (2005)|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact luxury crossover SUV (European: J-segment)|
|Body style||5-door CUV|
|Layout||Front engine, rear-wheel drive / all-wheel drive|
|Platform||Nissan FM platform|
|Engine||3.7 L V6 VQ37VHR 320 hp (239 kW)|
|Transmission||7-speed automatic (Manual Shift-ability)|
|Wheelbase||110.2 in (2,800 mm)
113.4 in (2,880 mm)
|Length||182.3 in (4,630 mm)|
|Width||71.0 in (1,803 mm)|
|Height||2008 & 2012-Present: 61.9 in (1,572 mm)
2009-2011: 62.6 in (1,590 mm)
First generation (J50, 2007–)
Infiniti EX Concept (2007)
The concept car was unveiled during the 2007 New York Auto Show. It included an AVM system, LDP system, V6 engine, 5-speed automatic transmission, all-wheel-drive, double-arch grille, large L-shaped headlights with adaptive front lighting system (AFS), integrated fog lights, LED taillights and an "arch" profile design.
North American model of the EX35 went on sale in December 2007 as a 2008 model year vehicle. The EX35 was offered with a 297 hp (221 kW) 3.5 L V6 (VQ35HR) until it was rebadged in 2013 as EX37 with a 325 hp (242 kW) 3.7 L V6 (VQ37VHR). For the 2014 model year, Infiniti again rebadged all of its models renaming the EX37 as QX50.
South Korean model went on sale in 2008-01-24 as 2008 model year vehicle.
A new 3.0-liter V6 (V9X) diesel engine became available on the 2010 EX, FX and M models. The V6 engine delivers 240 hp (179 kW) and a peak torque of 550 N·m (410 lb·ft). The engine comes with a seven-speed automatic transmission.
The brand entered the European market with new 3.0-litre V6 diesel. The engine, the first in the brand’s 20-year history. The engine produces 235 hp (175 kW) and 405 N·m (299 lb·ft) of torque.
The VQ25HR V6 engine delivers 218 hp (163 kW) and peak torque of 253 N·m (187 lb·ft). The engine is mated to a seven-speed automatic transmission. It was launched at the 2010 Beijing International Automotive Exhibition. The EX25 Crossover is currently marketed only in China, Russia and Ukraine.
|EX25||2010–2012||2.5 L V6 24-valve (VQ25HR)||218 hp (163 kW), 185 lb·ft (251 N·m) @ 4,800 rpm|
|EX37||2013–present||3.7 L V6 24-valve (VQ37VHR)||320 hp (239 kW), 267 lb·ft (362 N·m) @ 5,200 rpm|
|EX35||2007-2012||3.5 L V6 24-valve (VQ35HR)||297 hp (221 kW), 253 lb·ft (343 N·m) @ 6,800 rpm|
|EX30d||2010–2014||3.0 L V6 24-valve (V9X)||235 hp (175 kW), 550 N·m (410 lb·ft) @ 1750 rpm|
Transmissions include manual shift mode that includes the option of sequentially selected manual gearshifts and Downshift Rev Matching (DRM). U.S. models include a choice of RWD or ATTESA E-TS AWD. Models sold in Canada, Europe include ATTESA E-TS AWD as standard.
The Infiniti EX35 produces 0-60 mph times of 5.8 - 6.2 seconds. The quarter mile is 14.6 seconds at 98 miles per hour (158 km/h), and top speed (Gov. limit) is 144 mph (232 km/h). 70 mph (110 km/h) - 0 braking is a 166 feet (51 m). Roadholding is .83g.
- The Infiniti EX is the first production automobile to offer an Around View Monitor (AVM), which utilizes small front, side and rear-mounted cameras to give the driver a "top-down view" of the outside of the vehicle while parking - helping to reduce blind spots while parking.
- The EX is also one of the first production automobiles to feature "Scratch Shield, " a "self-healing" clearcoat paint. The paint self-repairs fine scratches, such as fingernail scratches under door handles, restoring the EX's surface close to the original state. The process, which takes anywhere from one day to one week (depending on the surrounding temperature and the depth of the scratch), is accomplished through the use of an elastic resin. It is combined with a conventional clearcoat to increase the paint's flexibility and strength by raising the resin density.
- The EX becomes the second Infiniti production vehicle, following the 2008 Infiniti M series, to offer the Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) system. This utilizes the electronic stability control system to help assist the driver in maintaining lane position by applying gentle brake pressure on each wheel individually to generate intended movement. It sounds an alert and nudges the vehicle in the correct direction when lane departure is detected. It also applies braking actuation to bring vehicle back in the lane.
The vehicle was unveiled in 2013 Nanjing Auto Show.
Middle East models went on sale as 2014 model year vehicle. Early models include VQ37VHR 3.7-litre V6 (326PS) engine with all wheel drive, 7-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode, DS mode with Downshift Rev Matching (DRM), and Adaptive Shift Control.
The QX50 went on sale in the U.S. as a 2014 model. For 2016, the QX50 was given a new facelift and extended rear seat legroom.
China model was set to go on sale in 2015.
|3.7 AWD (320PS)||2013?-||3,696 cc (226 cu in) V6 (Nissan VQ37VHR)||320 PS (235 kW; 316 hp)@7000, 360 N·m (266 lb·ft)@5200|
|3.7 AWD (326PS)||2013?-||3,696 cc (226 cu in) V6 (Nissan VQ37VHR)||326 PS (240 kW; 322 hp)@7000, 360 N·m (266 lb·ft)@5200|
|3.0d AWD||2013?-||2,993 cc (183 cu in) V6 turbo (V9X)||238 PS (175 kW; 235 hp)@3750, 550 N·m (406 lb·ft)@1750|
|3.7 AWD (320PS)||2013?-||electronically controlled 7-speed automatic transmission with manual mode|
|3.7 AWD (326PS)||2013?-||electronically controlled 7-speed automatic transmission with manual mode|
|3.0d AWD||2013?-||electronically controlled 7-speed automatic transmission with manual mode|
- Joseph, Noah (2009-04-16). "Nissan Skyline Crossover in Japan". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- "Home". Oami.europa.eu. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- Kaehler, Justin (2009-09-04). "Infiniti EX35". AskMen. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- Nunez, Alex (2007-04-04). "New York Auto Show: Infiniti EX Concept debuts". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- Nunez, Alex (2007-08-16). "Officially Official: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Revealed". Autoblog. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- "The All-new Infiniti EX Released in Korea" (Press release). Nissan-global.com. 2008-01-24. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- Neff, John (2008-02-25). "Infiniti kicks off Euro invasion with 325 hp EX37". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- Pollard, Tim (11 August 2010). "Infiniti EX30d (2010) new review". Car magazine. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey - Road Test". CarAndDriver.com.
- "Around View Monitor". blogs at cars.com. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- "Lane Departure Prevention". Nissan. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- "2009 Infiniti EX35 Review". Automoblog.net.
- Q纪元强势前行 英菲尼迪闪耀亮相2013南京车展 Archived February 3, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- "A Uniquely Personal Expression of Style, With Standard 3.7-litre V6" (Press release). Infinitipress.me. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- Edmunds New Car Guide, http://www.edmunds.com/infiniti/qx50/2014/suv/used/ (viewed 19 July 2015)
- 全新英菲尼迪Q50亚洲首演 国产车型公布 英菲尼迪强势出击2013上海车展 Archived August 7, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Katy Perry to Perform at Infiniti Brand Festival in China". Infinitinews.com. 2013-12-09. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- 英菲尼迪(进口)-英菲尼迪Q50 (2013-04-22). "英菲尼迪2014年国产Q50L/QX50L两款车". Autohome.com.cn. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- Infiniti adds two-liter turbocharged petrol engine to Q50 range Archived February 3, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- 2014 QX50 brochure (Europe) Archived February 3, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
- 2014 QX50 brochure (Middle East) Archived February 2, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.
|Infiniti, a division of Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., road car timeline, 1990–present|
|Entry-level luxury car||G20||G20||G35||G25 / G35 / G37 (Q40)|
|Mid-size luxury car||I30||I30 / I35|
|J30||M45||M35 / M45||M37 / M56 (Q70)|
|Full-size luxury car||Q45||Q45||Q45||Q70L|
|Compact crossover SUV||QX30|
|EX35 / EX37 (QX50)|
|Mid-size crossover SUV||JX35 (QX60)|
|FX35 / FX45||FX35 / FX37 / FX50 (QX70)|
|Full-size SUV||QX56||QX56 (QX80)|