|Manufacturer||Nissan Motor Company|
|Also called||Nissan Skyline Crossover (Japan)
Infiniti QX50 (2014-present)
|Assembly||Tochigi, Tochigi, Japan|
|Designer||Tadayoshi Iida (2005)|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact luxury crossover (European: J-segment)|
|Body style||5-door crossover|
|Layout||Front engine, rear-wheel drive / all-wheel drive|
|Platform||Nissan FM platform|
|Transmission||7-speed automatic (Manual Shift-ability)|
|Wheelbase||110.2 in (2,800 mm)
113.4 in (2,880 mm)
|Length||182.3 in (4,630 mm)|
|Width||71.0 in (1,803 mm)|
|Height||2008 & 2012-Present: 61.9 in (1,572 mm)
2009-2011: 62.6 in (1,590 mm)
The Infiniti QX50 is an compact luxury crossover (European: J-segment). It is based on the same FM platform as the Infiniti G, M, and FX models. The EX is the marque's entry-level crossover and slots below the FX.
The QX50 lacks the ruggedness and practicality usually featured in crossover utility vehicles, and has been considered more of a sport luxury hatchback.
- 1 First generation (J50, 1998–)
- 2 QX50
- 3 See also
- 4 References
- 5 External links
First generation (J50, 1998–)
Infiniti EX Concept (1998)
It was a concept vehicle including AVM system, LDP system, V6 engine, 5-speed automatic transmission, all-wheel drive, double-arch grille, large L-shaped headlights with Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS), integrated fog lights, distinctive LED taillights and "dynamic arch" profile.
The vehicle was unveiled in 2007 New York Auto Show.
North American model of the EX35 went on sale in December 2007 as a 2008 model year vehicle. The EX35 was offered with a 297 hp (221 kW) 3.5 L V6 (VQ35HR) until is was rebadged in 2013 as EX37 with a 325 hp (242 kW) 3.7 L V6 (VQ37VHR). For the 2014 model year, Infiniti again rebadged all of its models renaming the EX37 as QX50.
South Korean model went on sale in 2008-01-24 as 2008 model year vehicle.
Infiniti has launched a new 3.0-liter V6 (V9X) diesel engine that will power the EX, FX and M models. The V6 engine delivers a total of 240 hp (179 kW) and a peak torque of 550 N·m (410 lb·ft). The engine is mated to a seven-speed automatic transmission. It was launched in the 2010 Geneva Motor Show.
The brand entered the European market with new 3.0-litre V6 diesel. The engine, the first in the brand’s 20-year history. It will initially available in the EX and FX crossovers, and later in the Infiniti M sedan. The engine produces 238 hp (177 kW) and 500 N·m (370 lb·ft) of torque and is to be compliant with forthcoming Euro 5 emission legislation.
The VQ25HR V6 engine delivers 235 hp (175 kW) and peak torque of 253 N·m (187 lb·ft). The engine is mated to a seven-speed automatic transmission. It was launched at the 2010 Beijing International Automotive Exhibition. The EX25 Crossover is currently marketed only in China, Russia and Ukraine.
|EX25||2010-present||2.5L V6 24-valve (VQ25HR)||235 hp (175 kW), 194 lb·ft (263 N·m) @ 4,800 rpm|
|EX37||2013-present||3.7L V6 24-valve (VQ37VHR)||325 hp (242 kW), 267 lb·ft (362 N·m) @ 5,200 rpm|
|EX35||2007-2012||3.5L V6 24-valve (VQ35HR)||297 hp (221 kW), 253 lb·ft (343 N·m) @ 6,800 rpm|
|EX30d||2010-present||3.0L V6 24-valve (V9X)||240 hp (175 kW), 406 lb-ft (500 Nm) @ 2,501 rpm|
The Infiniti EX35 produces 0-60 mph times of 5.8 - 6.2 seconds. The quarter mile is 14.6 seconds at 98 miles per hour (158 km/h), and top speed (Gov. limit) is 144 mph (232 km/h). 70 mph (110 km/h) - 0 braking is a 166 feet (51 m). Roadholding is .83g.
- The Infiniti EX is the first production automobile to offer an Around View Monitor (AVM), which utilizes small front, side and rear-mounted cameras to give the driver a "top-down view" of the outside of the vehicle while parking - helping to reduce blind spots while parking.
- The EX is also one of the first production automobiles to feature "Scratch Shield, " a special "self-healing" clearcoat paint. The paint self-repairs fine scratches, such as fingernail scratches under door handles, restoring the EX's surface close to the original state. The process, which takes anywhere from one day to one week (depending on the surrounding temperature and the depth of the scratch), is accomplished through the use of a special highly elastic resin. This resin is combined with a conventional clearcoat to increase the paint's flexibility and strength by raising the resin density.
- The EX becomes the second Infiniti production vehicle, following the 2008 Infiniti M series, to offer the Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) system. This utilizes the electronic stability control system to help assist the driver in maintaining lane position by applying gentle brake pressure on each wheel individually to generate intended movement. This system does not "drive" the vehicle back into the intended lane, but sounds an alert and nudges the vehicle in the correct direction when lane departure is detected. It also applies braking actuation to bring vehicle back in the lane.
The vehicle was unveiled in 2013 Nanjing Auto Show.
Middle East models went on sale as 2014 model year vehicle. Early models include VQ37VHR 3.7-litre V6 (326PS) engine with all wheel drive, 7-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode, DS mode with Downshift Rev Matching (DRM), and Adaptive Shift Control.
The QX50 went on sale in the U.S. as a 2014 model.
China model was set to go on sale in 2014.
|3.7 AWD (320PS)||2013?-||3,696 cc (226 cu in) V6 (Nissan VQ37VHR)||320 PS (235 kW; 316 hp)@7000, 360 N·m (266 lb·ft)@5200|
|3.7 AWD (326PS)||2013?-||3,696 cc (226 cu in) V6 (Nissan VQ37VHR)||326 PS (240 kW; 322 hp)@7000, 360 N·m (266 lb·ft)@5200|
|3.0d AWD||2013?-||2,993 cc (183 cu in) V6 turbo (V9X)||238 PS (175 kW; 235 hp)@3750, 550 N·m (406 lb·ft)@1750|
|3.7 AWD (320PS)||2013?-||electronically controlled 7-speed automatic transmission with manual mode|
|3.7 AWD (326PS)||2013?-||electronically controlled 7-speed automatic transmission with manual mode|
|3.0d AWD||2013?-||electronically controlled 7-speed automatic transmission with manual mode|
- Joseph, Noah (2009-04-16). "Nissan Skyline Crossover in Japan". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- Nunez, Alex (2007-04-04). "New York Auto Show: Infiniti EX Concept debuts". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- Nunez, Alex (2007-08-16). "Officially Official: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Revealed". Autoblog. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- The All-new Infiniti EX Released in Korea
- Neff, John (2008-02-25). "Infiniti kicks off Euro invasion with 325 hp EX37". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- "2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD Journey - Road Test". CarAndDriver.com.
- "Around View Monitor". blogs at cars.com. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- "Lane Departure Prevention". Nissan. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- "2009 Infiniti EX35 Review". Automoblog.net.
- "Lane Departure Prevention". Nissan. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- Q纪元强势前行 英菲尼迪闪耀亮相2013南京车展
- A Uniquely Personal Expression of Style, With Standard 3.7-litre V6
- Edmunds New Car Guide, http://www.edmunds.com/infiniti/qx50/2014/suv/used/ (viewed 19 July 2015)
- 全新英菲尼迪Q50亚洲首演 国产车型公布 英菲尼迪强势出击2013上海车展
- 2014 QX50 brochure (Europe)
- 2014 QX50 brochure (Middle East)
- Katy Perry to Perform at Infiniti Brand Festival in China
- Infiniti adds two-liter turbocharged petrol engine to Q50 range
- 英菲尼迪全系SUV车型护航 重量级嘉宾吴秀波现身探班 《爸爸去哪儿》第一季圆满谢幕
- Official Infiniti USA site
- Official Infiniti USA EX homepage
- Official European site
- Infiniti QX50 on Infiniti UK
- 2014 QX50: Middle East
|Infiniti, a division of Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., road car timeline, 1990–present|
|Compact car||Infiniti Q30|
|Entry-level luxury car||G20||G20||G35||G25 / G35 / G37 (Q40)|
|Mid-size luxury car||I30||I30 / I35|
|J30||M45||M35 / M45||M37 / M56 (Q70)|
|Full-size luxury car||Q45||Q45||Q45||Q70L|
|Compact crossover SUV||EX35 / EX37 (QX50)|
|Mid-size crossover SUV||JX35 (QX60)|
|FX35 / FX45||FX35 / FX37 / FX50 (QX70)|
|Full-size SUV||QX56||QX56 (QX80)|