Information Systems Examination Board
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|UK and worldwide|
The BCS Professional Certification (formerly Information Systems Examinations Board (ISEB)) is an examination awarding body and a part of British Computer Society.
Initially started as a collaboration between the National Computing Centre (NCC) and BCS for the creation of the 'Certificate in Systems Analysis and Design' for the then Systems Analysis Examination Board. In 1989 a new qualification in Project Management was developed. This was the start of an expansion of the portfolio of qualifications and therefore the Systems Analysis Examination Board made the decision to change its name to Information Systems Examination Board (ISEB). In 2012, this was repositioned as the BCS Professional Certification.
ISEB qualifications cover ten major subject areas in IT:
- IS consultancy
- IT governance and information security.
- Sustainable IT
- Project management and support (PPSO)
- Business analysis
- Solution development and architecture
- Software testing
- IT service management & ITIL®
- Software asset management
- Data center management
The qualifications are available in various levels:
- ISEB Foundation Level - A broad introduction to a discipline.
- ISEB Practitioner Level - Practical application within a specific discipline.
- ISEB Higher Level - In depth coverage within a specific discipline for specialists or managers.
ISEB qualifications and exams are available internationally in over 50 countries including Australia, Japan, South Africa, USA, Brazil.
ISEB offers qualifications via accredited training and examination providers and may be undertaken via both written and computer based examinations.
- "ISEB Business Analysis Essentials is now BCS Business Analysis Practice". Retrieved 2013-05-02.
- "About Professional Certification". BCS website. Retrieved 2013-05-02.