Ingegerd of Norway
|Queen consort of Denmark|
|Predecessor||Adela of Flanders|
|Queen consort of Sweden|
|Spouse||Olaf I of Denmark
Philip of Sweden
|Issue||Ulvhild of Denmark|
|Mother||Elisiv of Kiev|
Ingegerd Haraldsdotter of Norway (Old Norse: Ingigerðr Haraldsdóttir, c. 1046 – c. 1120) was a medieval Scandinavian Queen, Princess of Norway, and the Queen consort first of King Olaf I of Denmark (died 1095) and second of King Philip of Sweden (died 1118).
Ingegerd Haraldsdotter was the daughter of King Harald Hardrada of Norway and Elisiv of Kiev and thereby the great granddaughter of King Olof Skötkonung of Sweden and the granddaughter of Yaroslav the Wise, Grand Prince of Kiev. She was first married to Prince Olof of Denmark, in approximately 1067, in a marriage arranged as a part of the peace treaty between Denmark and Norway; to further strengthen the alliance, Olof's half-sister, Ingerid of Denmark, married King Olav Kyrre, who was the brother of Queen Ingegerd. Ingegerd became queen of Denmark when Olof became king in 1086.
After his death in 1095, the Queen Dowager traveled to Sweden, where she married Prince Philip of Sweden in 1095 or 1096. He became king in 1105, making her queen a second time. There is no known issue from the second marriage. She was widowed in 1118. The years of her birth and death are not confirmed, but she is known to have survived her second spouse.
Family and children
- First married to King Olaf I of Denmark, children:
- Princess Ulvhild Olavsdatter of Denmark
- Second married to King Philip of Sweden, no known issue.
|Ancestors of Ingegerd of Norway|
- Lars O. Lagerqvist (1982). Sverige och dess regenter under 1.000 år(Sweden and its rulers during 1000 years) (in Swedish). Albert Bonniers Förlag AB. ISBN 91-0-075007-7.
- "Ingegerd was born to Harald and Ellisif -1046". Harald Hardrada Timeline. Retrieved May 20, 2016.
- "Olav 3 Haraldsson Kyrre", Store norske leksikon (Norwegian)
- "Olaf I Hunger Svendsen Konge af Danmark". toveogflemming.dk. Retrieved May 20, 2016.
- "konung Filip". Svenskt biografiskt lexikon. Retrieved May 20, 2016.
Ingegerd HaraldsdotterBorn: 1046 Died: 1120
Adela of Flanders
|Queen consort of Denmark
|Queen consort of Sweden