|Music by||Santhosh Kumar Dhayanidhi|
|Distributed by||Suara Networks (Malaysia)|
|12 June 2015|
Inimey Ippadithan (English: Hereafter, it's going to be like this) is a 2015 Indian Tamil romantic comedy film written and directed by Muruganand of Lollu Sabha fame. Santhanam, who also produced the film, plays the lead role in it, alongside Ashna Zaveri and Akhila Kishore.The film opened to positive reviews and became a commercial hit.
Seenu (Santhanam) is a happy go lucky guy and his parents search for a bride to get him married within three months as per an astrologer’s advice. But Seenu does not believe in arranged marriages and tries to woo girls around him. Eventually Seenu falls in love with Maha (Ashna Zaveri) for which she does not reciprocate. Meanwhile, Seenu’s wedding is fixed with Akhila (Akhila Kishore) by his parents.
Now Seenu finds out that Maha also loves him and decides to cancel his wedding with Akhila with the help of his maternal uncle Ulaganathan (Thambi Ramiah) but all go in vain. One day, Seenu calls Akhila to inform her about his love for Maha. But coincidentally it was Akhila’s birthday and he prefers not to disappoint her on her birthday.
Maha spots Seenu with Akhila and understands the truth. Maha also informs this to Akhila. Maha is angered and breaks up with Seenu. But Akhila forgives Seenu and prefers the wedding to proceed as planned. On the day of wedding, Seenu gets a call from Maha asking him to marry her in a register office else she would commit suicide. Seenu rushes to the register office to save Maha but gets shocked seeing Maha’s wedding with her cousin. Seenu understands that it was a prank played by Maha to revenge Seenu.
Seenu rushes back to his wedding hall, but Akhila got married to her family friend as everyone believed that Seenu eloped with Maha. Seenu’s parents worry thinking about his situation but Ulaganathan proposes Seenu’s wedding with his daughter (Vidyulekha). In the end, Seenu is married to Vidyulekha.
- Santhanam as Seenu
- Ashna Zaveri as Maha
- Akhila Kishore as Akhila
- Thambi Ramaiah as Ulaganathan, Seenu's uncle
- VTV Ganesh as Chandra
- Naren as Ekambaram, Seenu's father
- FEFSI Vijayan as Major Chandrakanth, Akhila's father
- Pragathi as Bhavani, Seenu's mother
- Sriranjini as Akhila's mother
- Vidyullekha Raman as Seenu's cousin
- Aryan as Ravi
- Abhishek Vinod as Karthik
- Narayan Lucky
- Lollu Sabha Manohar
- Komal Sharma
- Cool Suresh
- Sethu as Sethu, Seenu's friend
- Lollu Sabha Antony as Antony, Seenu's friend
- Gokul as Gokul, Seenu's friend
- Niranjini Agarwal as Niranjini, Maha's friend
- Gayathri as Gayathri, Maha's friend
- Krithika as Krithika, Maha's friend
- Kalyanamalai Mohan as himself
- Dr. Arun Chinniah as himself
|Soundtrack album Inimey Ippadithaan by Santhosh Dhayanidhi|
|Released||10 May 2015|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Sony Music India|
|Santhosh Dhayanidhi chronology|
Inimey Ippadithaan's music was composed by Santhosh Dhayanidhi, an assistant of A. R. Rahman. The lyrics of the songs were written by Gana Bala, Sofia Ashraf, Kabilan, Madhan Karky, Dr Uma Devi and Gana Vinoth. The soundtrack, released on 10 May 2015, received positive reviews.
|1||"Paartha Oru Lookula"||Gana Bala||Gana Bala|
|2||"Athana Azhagayum"||Varun Parandhaman, Sofia Ashraf||Kabilan, Sofia Ashraf|
|3||"Thaedi Odunaen"||Santhosh Dhayanidhi, Aalap Raju||Kabilan|
|4||"Innimey Ippadithaan"||Karthik, C. Aishvarrya Suresh||Madhan Karky|
|5||"Azhaga Aanazhaga"||Harini||Dr Uma Devi|
|6||"Aathula Oru Kaal"||Mahalingam, Thalapathi, Sapta||Gana Vinoth|
The New Indian Express wrote, "The screenplay is neatly crafted, the narration has a smooth flow. The dialogue sparkles with wit, the humour decent...The film delivers much more than what one would have expected and is a pleasant watch". Sify wrote, "The storyline and structure is similar to any other Tamil film in the rom com genre. However, what makes it different is its treatment...Murugan-Anand's idea of making a comic entertainer with an important message is laudable" and described the film as an "enjoyable ride". The Hindu wrote, "The story isn't great but who cares when as many jokes are laugh-out-loud great as they are in Inimey...when there are as many jokes, there are also bound to be discomfiting ones...But in one of the more surprising final acts I’ve seen this year, Inimey quite redeems itself". Baradwaj Rangan called it a "not-bad, Bhagyaraj-style comedy", further writing, "when we go to these movies, the question isn’t “How politically correct is it?” but “Are there laughs?” And there are plenty...the film takes too long to get going. But once Cheenu finds himself trapped between his two women – a classic Bhagyaraj situation – we experience the gamut from hmmm... okay to hey, not bad to that was actually hilarious". The Times of India gave the film 3 stars out of 5 and wrote, "Comedy is still his (Santhanam's) biggest weapon and the actor is in sparkling form in this film, which is structured to his strengths. We get the quintessential Santhanam similes, which hit their mark quite often, though there is a fair share of ridicule disguised as humour". Bollywoodlife.com wrote, "Inimey Ippadithaan is a must-watch because at the end, you come out of the theatre feeling good...it's a film this summer that keeps you entertained and is total value for money".
In contrast, Rediff gave 2 stars out of 5 and called it a "poorly-written, uninspiring romantic comedy", going on to add, "The film let down by a poorly-written script and the director's lacklustre execution. The extremely slow pace, the pretentious characters, ordinary background score, songs every 20 minutes, and a screenplay stuck on a single notion, makes director Muruganand's Inimey Ippadithaan one dimensional and monotonous".
The film opened to "good" response on first day.The film grossed ₹5 crore (US$700,000)(Worldwide) and particularly it grossed ₹3.2 crore (US$450,000) in TN alone over its first Week End.The film continued to do well in its week days and collected over ₹9.2 crore (US$1.3 million) in 7 days at the worldwide box office.After the good opening, the film collection fell down and ended with ₹15 crore (US$2.1 million) in its end of worldwide collection.The film declared Hit at the box office.
- "Santhanam back in 'Inimey Ippadithaan' as hero!". Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- Rao, Subha J. (27 October 2014). "'Hero' Santhanam strikes again". Retrieved 10 April 2018 – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Ashna Zaveri in love with Santhanam!".
- "People say I look like Nayan; I want to be like her: Akhila - Times of India". Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- "Inimey Ippadithan audio on May 15".
- "'Inimey Ippadithaan' audio launched". Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- "Inimey Ippadithan censored with U - Times of India". Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- "Hero Santhanam Gets Enough Space to Go Beyond Comedy". Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- "Review : Innimey Ippadithaan (2015)". www.sify.com. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- Srinivasan, Sudhir (12 June 2015). "Inimey Ippadithan: Santhanam plays to his strengths". Retrieved 10 April 2018 – via www.thehindu.com.
- ""Inimey Ippadithan"… A not-bad, Bhagyaraj-style comedy". 13 June 2015. Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- "Inimey Ippadithaan Movie Review, Trailer, & Show timings at Times of India". Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- Srinivasan, Latha. "Inimey Ippadithaan movie review: Santhanam's comic caper is a must-watch!". Retrieved 10 April 2018.
- "Review: Inimey Ippadithaan is monotonous". Retrieved 10 April 2018.