|Operating system||Linux and OS X|
|License||Commercial, Academic, Eval and, for Linux, for non-commercial uses|
The Intel Debugger (IDB) was developed by Intel and provides support (at various levels depending on compiler product) for debugging programs written in C, C++, and Fortran (77, 90 and 95). It provided a choice of command-line and Java-based graphical user interface (GUI) on the Linux Eclipse platform. The Intel Debugger was a component of a number of Intel software products, such as Intel Parallel Studio and their C++ and Fortran compiler products; it supported parallel architectures including MPI, OpenMP, and Pthreads.
Support for the Intel Debugger has been deprecated — in the Intel Fortran Composer 2013 product — with the last released version being 13.0.1 (2013). For Linux and OS X, Intel supports extensions to the GNU Debugger (the GDB provided with Intel Composer XE 2013 SP1 is based on GDB 7.5). Intel maintains a fork of GDB and works on its relevant bugs to get them implemented upstream. For Windows, Intel supports extensions to the Visual Studio Debugger. The parallel debugger extension enables additional capabilities for debugging parallel programs and is available for Visual Studio (2005 and 2008).
- Intel Parallel Studio
- Intel C++ Compiler
- Intel Fortran Compiler
- Intel Developer Zone (Intel DZ; support and discussion)
- "Intel C++ Composer XE 2013 Release Notes". 2012.
- "Intel Fortran Composer XE 2013 Release Notes". 2012.
- "Non-Commercial Software Development". Developer Zone. Intel. 11 October 2012.
- "Debugging on Intel® Platforms – Intel® Software". 2010-09-30.
- "Intel® Debugger for Linux* (IDB) – Intel® Software". 2012-08-02.
- Blair-Chappell, Stephen; Stokes, Andrew (2012). Parallel Programming with Intel Parallel Studio XE. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 978-1-118-22113-6.
- Chih-Ping Chen (2003). "The Parallel Debugging Architecture in the Intel® Debugger". Parallel Computing Technologies. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 2763. pp. 444–451. doi:10.1007/978-3-540-45145-7_41. ISBN 978-3-540-40673-0.
- "GDB VLA support".
- "Deprecation of Intel Debugger".
- "Intel® Parallel Debugger Extension – Intel® Software". 2012-08-02.
|This Microsoft Windows software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|