Invizimals: Shadow Zone
|Invizimals: Shadow Zone|
|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
Invizimals: Shadow Zone is a PlayStation Portable augmented reality video game developed by Novarama, and published by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. It is the sequel to 2009's Invizimals. As such, it is a collectible creature game, and requires the PSP's camera attachment for play. It was released on November 12, 2010 in Europe and on October 25, 2011 in North America. The game also includes a needed trap card to play but can be easily replaced by printing a new one.
A sequel entitled, Invizimals: The Lost Tribes was announced in June 2011, which was released on November 4, 2011.
Although there had been rumors of an Invizimals sequel months prior, Shadow Zone was officially announced in a Sony Computer Entertainment Europe E3 2010 montage. This montage was released on the European PlayStation Store on June 16, 2010. However, it was removed from the Store the very next day.
The title features over 100 new creatures to collect, the ability to modify the Invizimals via name, and colour changes, as well as the ability to choose from a larger selection of attacks. Shadow Zone features a new campaign, and a co-operative capture mode.
- "PlayStation® Official Site - PlayStation Console, Games, Accessories".
- Escobar, Emerson (May 26, 2011). "inviZimals: Shadow Zone Coming to PSP This Fall". PlayStation Blog. Retrieved 2011-06-29.
- McWhertor, Michael (June 4, 2009). "Eyes On With Invizimals: When Pokemon Meets Ghostbusters". Kotaku. Retrieved 2009-06-04.
- Lord, Tom (June 17, 2010). "New Sony E3 Montage Has Secrets". TheSixthAxis. Retrieved 2010-08-12.
- "PlayStation Games - Invizimals: Shadow Zone". UK PlayStation.com. Retrieved 2010-08-12.