Inyan Shel Zman
|Inyan Shel Zman|
|Also known as||A Matter of Time|
|Written by||Ronit Weiss-Berkowitz|
|Directed by||Yael Graf
|Opening theme||Inyan Shel Zman by Gidi Gov|
|Country of origin||Israel|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||57|
|Running time||22-26 minutes|
|Original network||Israeli Educational Television|
|Original release||September 2, 1992– May 13, 1996|
The series focused on stories of high school students in Tel Aviv, and talked about issues of adolescents such as school, adolescence, love, drafting to the army, social gaps, rape, violence and more. The series would focus in each episode on various secondary characters and show their world and their problems, in addition to the central plot which evolved around the main characters.
The series was directed Yael Graph and Shirley Stern, was written by Ronit Weiss Berkowitz and Eyal Graph.
In 2010 Reshet announced a continuation of the series would be produced.. The revived show, which premiered in 2012 under the same name, revisits many of the characters from the original series, 20 years later. This show ran for one season consisting of 13 episodes.
Cast and characters
- Ido Markovich (Hebrew: עידו מרקוביץ') (Moshe Ben-Basat) - The protagonist and Yehezkel Vaitzman's best friend
- Yehezkel Vaitzman (Hebrew: יחזקאל ויצמן) (Shai Kapon) - Ido's best friend. His mother lives overseas and left him alone to live in Israel.
- Dana (Hebrew: דנה) (Dana Berger) - In seasons 1 and 2, she was a close friend of Sharon's, then in seasons 3 and 4, she became closer with Gali. At one point, she dates a student who is revealed to be a drug dealer (Dean). Dana used to be Ido Markovich's girlfriend. Aviv is shown to be in love with her.
- Sharon Cohen (Hebrew: שרון כהן) (Sharon Haziz) - Ido Markovich's good friend
- Noga Caspi (Hebrew: נגה כספי) (Ayelet Zurer) - A snobbish teenager. She is pious but very smart, and is in love with Alon
- Gali (Hebrew: גלי) (Esti Yerushalmi) - A teenager without confidence and a good friend of Noga
- Tomer Ben-David (Hebrew: תומר בן דוד) (Uri Banai) - Comes from a poor family
- Matti Harel (Hebrew: מתי הראל) (Amit Lior) - The physical education teacher. He is very strict, but cares a lot about his students outside of class.
- Menashe Gabay (Hebrew: מנשה גבאי) (Amikam Levi) - A grumpy and boring history teacher
- Fogel (Hebrew: פוגל) - The school principal.
- Aviv (Hebrew: אביב) (Aviv Geffen) - A Rebel
- Alon (Hebrew: אלון) (Uri Gottlieb) - A Nerd. He is in love with Noga
- Saar (Hebrew: סער) (Saar Badishi) - A Sensitive musician
- Sarit Ochayun (Hebrew: שרית אוחיון) (Galit Giat) - Wants to be friends with Saar
- Dean Bernstein (Hebrew: דין) (Eran Advir) - Dana's boyfriend. He often breaks the law and is involved in drugs
- Dafna (Hebrew: דפנה) (Michal Kapata) - The school beauty queen, she is rich and spoiled
- Michal (Hebrew: מיכל) (Hagit Shamli) - Yehezkel Vaitzman's good friend
- Omer Pikovski (Hebrew: עומר) (Neta Sobol) - A quiet shy girl
- Itay Katz (Hebrew: איתי כץ) (Yaron Motola) - Many of his classmates thought he was a homosexual.
- Lior (Hebrew: ליאור) (Lior Halfon) - Dafna's friend
- Yaron Segal (Hebrew: ירון סגל) (Tomer Sharon)
- Nir Benbenisti (Hebrew: ניר בן-בנישתי) (Nir Friedman)
- Doron (Hebrew: דורון) (Mark Ivanir) - Teacher
- Keren Amiel (Hebrew: קרן) (Merav Shoa) - Teacher