Irina Blok has appeared on ABC's Reality Show Shark Tank as one of the contestants, and her designs were featured in NBC NY, USA today, SF weekly, the French Edition of Elle Magazine and multiple publications around the world.
Born in St Petersburg, Russia, Blok moved to the U.S. in 1995, where she studied Graphic Design at San Jose State University. She started her career at Landor Associates as brand designer, and helped create and evolve the brands of HP, Visa, H&R Block and FedEx. She continued her career at a number of tech companies including Yahoo, Google and Adobe. In the course of her career her design work has appeared in Communication Arts magazine, How magazine, AIGA CI Annual, and Creative Review. She is also a directed study advisor at the Graphic Design MFA Program at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco.
- Kennedy, Pegan (October 11, 2013). "Who Made That Android Logo". New York Times Magazine. Retrieved October 11, 2013.
- ABC.com. "Shark Tank, Season 1, Episode 5". ABC.com. Retrieved July 25, 2013.
- Bougerol, Elizabeth. "Want This: Funemployed Gear". NBC New York. Retrieved June 23, 2009.
- Brophy Marcus, Mary (May 10, 2009). "USA will wash its hands of swine flu humor when pigs fly". USA Today. Retrieved May 10, 2009.
- Jamison, Peter. "Fruits of Funemployment: A Graphic Designer's Take on the Great Recession". SF Weekly. Retrieved June 22, 2009.
- Roberts, Robin. "The Unsung Heroes of Tech: Irina Blok". Connected Rogers. Retrieved November 18, 2013.
- Communication Arts. Illustration Annual 49: 202. July 2008. Missing or empty
- How (The 1999 International Annual of Design): 174. April 1999. Missing or empty
- Chase, Margo (2002). 365 AIGA Year in Design 22. D.A.P Distributed Art. pp. 74–75. ISBN 1-884081-02-9.
- Evamy, Michael (October 2011). "Android, Not Built by Robots". Creative Review: 72.
- "Personal Website".