She studied acting at the Teatès School in Palermo, under director Michele Perriera. During her studies, she wrote, directed and starred in several adaptations of his plays. In 1998 she won the first prize at INDA (National Institute for Ancient Drama), with a short essay on the figure of Hecuba. She graduated in 2000 with a diploma in acting.
|2008||Detesto l'elettronica stop||Film||Margherita||Director Cosimo Messeri|
|Your Whole Life Ahead of You||Film||Martha||Director Paolo Virzi. Nominated for best leading actress at the 2008 Silver Ribbon|
|Purple Sea||Film||Sara||Director Donatella Majorca, based on the book Dave King by Giacomo Pilati|
|Mamùr||Opera||Part written for Isabella Ragonese|
|2009||Due vite per caso||Film||Sonia||Director Alessandro Aronadio|
|Oggi sposi||Film||Chiara Malagò||Director Luca Lucini|
|Ten Winters||Film||Camilla||Director Valerio Mieli|
|2010||La nostra vita||Film||Elena||Director Daniele Luchetti|
|2011||Inspector Montalbano||Television||Lt. Laura Belladonna||Episode The Age of Doubt|
|The First Assignment||Film||Nena|
|Il giorno in più||Film||Michela|
|2012||Orlando||Play||Orlando||Director Emanuela Giordano. Based on the novel Orlando: A Biography by Virginia Woolf|
|2013||Taking Care of Baby||Play||Staged at the Teatro Eliseo, Rome|
|The Chair of Happiness||Film||Bruna|
- Nastro d'Argento for Best supporting Actress 2010: La nostra vita & Due vite per caso (ex-aequo).
- Shooting Stars Award 2012: Ragonese received this award at the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival in February 2012, an annual acting award for up-and-coming actors by European Film Promotion.
- Claudia Catalli (5 November 2015). "Isabella Ragonese: «Due case per amarsi»". Grazia. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- Paola Nicita (20 June 2010). "Nastro d'argento alla Ragonese". La Repubblica. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- Blaney, Martin (2011-12-08). "European Film Promotion unveils 2012 Shooting Stars longlist | News | Screen". Screendaily.com. Retrieved 2011-12-14.
|This article about an Italian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|