|No. 29, 44, 35|
|Position:||Cornerback / Special teamer|
|Born:||December 9, 1982|
|Height:||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight:||170 lb (77 kg)|
|High school:||Woodrow Wilson|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Career Arena statistics|
|Player stats at ArenaFan.com|
Isaiah J. Trufant (born December 9, 1982) is a former American football cornerback and special teamer. He was signed by the Spokane Shock as an undrafted free agent in 2006. He played college football at Eastern Washington.
A mid-season acquisition for the Shock in 2006, who play their home games only 18 miles from his alma mater, Eastern Washington University. In the semi-finals of the af2 playoffs Trufant was named Defensive Player of the Game as the Shock defeated the Arkansas Twisters en route to winning the Arena Cup.
Las Vegas Locomotives
Trufant was an integral part of the Locomotives defense in 2010. Trufant recorded 30 tackles, one sack, four passes defensed and a UFL record four interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown. Trufant was named the UFL's Defensive Player of the Year for his efforts.
New York Jets
Trufant was signed to the New York Jets' practice squad on December 8, 2010. Trufant was promoted to the active roster on December 30. Trufant made his NFL debut with the Jets during their final home game of the season on January 2, 2011.
Second stint with the Jets
Trufant was re-signed by the Jets on September 1, 2011. He was waived on September 4. He was signed to the practice squad on September 5, but four days later, he was promoted to the active roster. Trufant scored the first NFL touchdown of his career on September 11, 2011 after a blocked punt by Joe McKnight bounced into his hands which he ran 18 yards to score. Trufant was placed on injured reserve on November 13, 2012 after suffering a knee injury against the Seattle Seahawks on November 11.
He is the younger brother of Marcus Trufant who was formerly with the Seattle Seahawks and Jacksonville Jaguars. He is the older brother of Desmond Trufant, a cornerback drafted by the Atlanta Falcons in 2013.
- "New York Jets Sign Las Vegas Locos Star and UFL Defensive Player of the Year Isaiah Trufant to Practice Squad". United Football League. December 8, 2010. Archived from the original on 2010-12-09. Retrieved December 8, 2010.
- Begley, Ian (December 8, 2010). "Jets sign Cook, Woody doesn't practice". ESPN. Archived from the original on December 8, 2010. Retrieved December 8, 2010.
- Jets Public Relations Department (December 30, 2010). "Trufant to Active Roster, Kroul to P-Squad". New York Jets. Archived from the original on December 30, 2010. Retrieved December 30, 2010.
- Orr, Conor (January 2, 2011). "Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie, LaDainian Tomlison among Jets inactives". The Star-Ledger. Advance Publications. Archived from the original on January 2, 2011. Retrieved January 2, 2011.
- Vrentas, Jenny (January 22, 2011). "Jets elevate DT Martin Tevaseu, waive DB Isaiah Trufant". The Star-Ledger. Advance Publications. Archived from the original on January 25, 2011. Retrieved January 25, 2011.
- Caplan, Adam (February 3, 2011). "Eagles claim cornerback off waivers". NFL Buzz. Archived from the original on February 3, 2011. Retrieved February 3, 2011.
- Vrentas, Jenny (September 1, 2011). "Jets bring back cornerback Isaiah Trufant". The Star-Ledger. Advance Publications. Retrieved September 2, 2011.
- Vrentas, Jenny (September 4, 2011). "Jets awarded four players off waivers, including QB Kevin O'Connell; cut Aaron Maybin". The Star-Ledger. Advance Publications. Retrieved September 4, 2011.
- Mehta, Manish (September 9, 2011). "Sources: Mo Wilkerson fined $10,000 for fight with Brandon Jacobs; WR Mardy Gilyard cut & Trufant elevated from practice squad". New York Daily News. Mortimer Zuckerman. Retrieved September 9, 2011.
- Martin, Kimberley A. (September 12, 2011). "Joe McKnight, Isaiah Trufant glow after blocked punt". Boston Herald. Herald Media Inc. Retrieved September 12, 2011.[dead link]
- Cimini, Rich (13 November 2012). "Jets release Aaron Maybin". ESPN New York. Archived from the original on 14 November 2012. Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- Slater, Darryl (March 12, 2014). "NFL free agency 2014: Jets reserve corner Isaiah Trufant, a non-tendered restricted free agent, goes to Browns". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on March 13, 2014. Retrieved March 12, 2014.
- Kay Cabot, Mary. "Cleveland Browns' Alex Mack placed on IR after surgery to repair broken leg; OL Ryan Seymour promoted". Cleveland.com. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "And in this Corner, Another Trufant; Sealing the Huskies' Upset of Stanford Was the Third Trufant Brother to Play Cornerback". Wall Street Journal. October 5, 2012. Retrieved October 21, 2012.