|Full name||Mario Iván Guerrero Ramírez|
|Date of birth||30 November 1977|
|Place of birth||Comayagua, Honduras|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Fort Lauderdale Strikers|
|2008||San Jose Earthquakes||14||(1)|
|2013–||Fort Lauderdale Strikers||49||(0)|
|2015||Fort Lauderdale Strikers|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 17 December 2014.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 12 October 2010
Mario Iván Guerrero Ramírez (born 30 November 1977) is a Honduran footballer who currently plays for Fort Lauderdale Strikers in the North American Soccer League. He is the club captain and also serves as an assistant coach.
Guerrero began his career with Motagua in Honduras, playing with the team from 1996 until transferring overseas in 2000. He moved to the English Premiership to play for Coventry City along with compatriot Jairo Martínez. He left the UK in October 2002 to rejoin Motagua and then moved to Peñarol in Uruguay in 2004, before his move to Chicago Fire of Major League Soccer.
Major League Soccer
He served as Chicago's lone representative in the 2005 MLS All-Star Game; and won the Fire's 2005 Fire/Honda MVP and Fire Defender of the Year awards.
On 21 November 2007 he was selected by San Jose Earthquakes in the 2007 MLS Expansion Draft. He was later traded to D.C. United on 31 July 2008 in exchange for a partial allocation. He made his D.C. United debut on 2 August 2008 as a starting left midfielder in a 2–0 win against Kansas City Wizards.
Fort Lauderdale Strikers
On 24 January 2013, Guerrero ended retirement by signing with Fort Lauderdale Strikers of the North American Soccer League. In his first season with the Strikers he led the team in assists with six. Guerrero is captain of the club for the 2014 season. Following the dismissal of head coach Marcelo Neveleff on June 7, 2015, Guerrero was named interim head coach for the Strikers final spring season match against Minnesota United FC. On April 30, 2015, it was announced that Günter Kronsteiner would be returning as Strikers head coach. Guerrero will remain as an assistant coach on Kronsteiner's staff and also still be a part of the Strikers player roster.
Guerrero made his debut for Honduras in a March 1999 UNCAF Nations Cup match against Belize and has earned a total of 84 caps, scoring 4 goals. He has represented his country in 33 FIFA World Cup qualification matches and played at the 1999, 2001, 2005 and 2009 UNCAF Nations Cups as well as at the 2000, 2005 and 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cups.
- Scores and results list Honduras' goal tally first.
|1.||4 March 2000||Estadio Francisco Morazán, San Pedro Sula, Honduras||Nicaragua||2–0||3–0||2002 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|2.||25 May 2001||Estadio Tiburcio Carías Andino, Tegucigalpa, Honduras||Nicaragua||1–1||10–2||2001 UNCAF Nations Cup|
|3.||18 August 2004||Estadio Alejandro Morera Soto, Alajuela, Costa Rica||Costa Rica||1–0||5–2||2006 FIFA World Cup qualification|
|4.||21 July 2005||Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, United States||United States||1–0||1–2||2005 CONCACAF Gold Cup|
Guerrero is a permanent resident of the United States.
Honours and awards
- C.D. Motagua
- Liga Nacional: 1997–98 A, 1997–98 C, 1999–2000 A, 1999–2000 C, 2010–11 C
- Honduran Super Cup: 1997–98
- D.C. United
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club
- Guerrero contract terminated – CoventryCity Mad
- Arroyave, Luis (December 2008). "Fire ax wounded Guerrero". Chicago Tribune.
- Ziehm, Len (11 April 2008). "'New' Earthquakes on tap for Fire". Chicago Sun-Times.
- LaPrensa.hn – Guerrero: "El fútbol ya no es mi prioridad" – 26 December 2011
- "Strikers Name Gunter Kronsteiner Head Coach". Fort Lauderdale Strikers. Retrieved 30 June 2015.
- Iván Guerrero – FIFA competition record
- UNCAF Tournament 1999 – RSSSF
- Qualifying Tournament for Gold Cup 2001 - Details Archived 24 October 2008 at the Wayback Machine. – RSSSF
- Qualifying Tournament for Gold Cup 2005 - Details Archived 17 January 2010 at WebCite – RSSSF
- UNCAF (Qualifying Tournament for Gold Cup) 2009 - Details Archived 5 November 2013 at the Wayback Machine. – RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2000 - Full Details – RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2005 - Full Details Archived 24 October 2008 at the Wayback Machine. – RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2007 - Full Details Archived 24 October 2008 at the Wayback Machine. – RSSSF
- "Iván Guerrero Biography and Statistics". Sports-reference.com. Archived from the original on 6 February 2012. Retrieved 27 May 2010.