27 March 1986 |
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Right wing|
|Current club||RK Vardar|
SD Octavio Vigo
Vive Targi Kielce
Ivan Čupić (born 27 March 1986) is a Croatian professional handballer who currently plays for RK Vardar. He was selected by the Croatian national team for the 2009 World Men's Handball Championship. He scored 8 goals in the opening match against South Korea, settling as the top scorer after the first day. He also played in the Croatian team that won the bronze medal at the 2012 Summer Olympics.
Čupić missed the Games of XXIX Olympiad in Beijing, after losing his left ring finger in bizarre accident in July 2008. During a training session, Čupić fell and caught his wedding ring on a wire fence. The force of the fall severed his finger at the first joint. Though the amputated portion of the digit could not be reattached, his career has since been unaffected by having only nine fingers.
- Vive Targi Kielce
- Polish Ekstraklasa: 2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16
- Polish Cup: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- EHF Champions League: 2015-16
- "2015 World Championship Roster" (PDF). IHF. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 December 2014. Retrieved 15 January 2015.
- "Ivan Čupić Bio, Stats, and Results". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2016-02-15.
- Croatia's Cupic loses finger (English)
|This biographical article related to Croatian handball is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|