Ivan Zaytsev (volleyball)
|Full name||Ivan Vyacheslavovich Zaytsev|
|Born||October 2, 1988|
|Height||2.04 m (6 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||92 kg (203 lb)|
|Spike||370 cm (146 in)|
|Block||355 cm (140 in)|
|Position||Right Side Hitter|
|Current team||Modena Volley|
|Last updated: 2 January 2018|
Ivan Zaytsev (Russian: Иван Вячеславович Зайцев, born 2 October 1988) is an Italian volleyball player of Russian origin, a member of Italy men's national volleyball team and Italian club Modena Volley, a bronze medalist of the Olympic Games London 2012, silver medalist of the European Championship (2011, 2013), bronze medalist of the World League (2013, 2014), Italian Champion (2014) and silver medalist of the Olympic Games Rio 2016.
He started his career as a setter in 2004, but later moved to the outside hitter role. He played in Serie A1 at 16 year. His first club was RPA-LuigiBacchi.it Perugia, where he played for two seasons. After this, he moved to M. Roma Volley. In the season 2007/2008, he played for Andreoli Latina. Then he came back to M. Roma Volley and played there until 2012. In 2012, Zaytsev signed with Lube Banca Macerata. With this team, he won the Italian SuperCup in 2012 and the Italian Championship 2013/2014. On May 9, 2014 his departure from Lube was announced. Then for two seasons, he was a player of Russian club VC Dynamo Moscow. he moved to of Al-Arabi SC in Qatar and won the Cup of Emir. Zaytsev came back to Serie A1 and joined Sir Safety Conad Perugia, the overall dominating Team of the 2017/2018 season in Italy. Despite failing to reach Champions League final, after losing to Zenit Kazan again, the team managed to take the bronze medal. Zaytzsev moves the following season to Modena Volley as Perugia announced that Wilfredo Leon would join the team, taking his spot. Zaytsev has also expressed the desire to play in his favorite role as opposite spiker again.
He debuted with the Italy men's national volleyball team 2008. In the European Championship 2013 Zaytsev was named as the "Best Server". Zaytsev was the main scorer and team leader during World League 2014 and Italy achieved bronze medal. In the World League, he and his teammates won two consecutive bronze in the 2013 and 2014 editions, the latter played in Italy in Florence. He was appointed to the 2014 World Championship held in Poland. He was the leader of his team in the first round, but in the match against the United States injured his ankle, so despite the promotion of his team to second round, he did not play. In 2015 Zaytsev and Italian team achieved silver medal of the 2015 European Championship and Zaytsev was named Best Opposite Spiker. In 2016 he achieved a silver medal at the 2016 Olympics.
Zaytsev is the son of Olympic Champion volleyball player Vyacheslav Zaytsev. He was born in Spoleto, where his father was playing at the time. His mother, Irina Pozdnyakova, is a former competitive swimmer.
On 12 May 2008, after ten years of uninterrupted residence in Italy, Ivan Zaytsev obtained Italian citizenship. His sister Anna (born 1975) also holds Italian citizenship, after she married an Italian in 1993.
On May 18, 2013, Zaytsev married Ashling Sirocchi. In April 2014, the couple announced that they were expecting their first child. On October 31, 2014 his wife Ashling gave birth to their son named Alexander "Sasha".. In July 2017 the couple announced they are expecting their second child. On January 4, 2018 Ashling gave birth to their daughter named Sienna.
Outside of volleyball
- 2011/2012 Italian SuperCup, with Lube Banca Macerata
- 2013/2014 Italian Championship, with Lube Banca Macerata
- 2015/2016 Emir of Qatar Cup, with Al Arabi
- 2016/2017 Italian SuperCup, with Sir Safety Perugia
- 2017/2018 Italian Cup, with Sir Safety Perugia
- 2017/2018 Italian Championship, with Sir Safety Perugia
- 2011 CEV European Championship
- 2012 Olympic Games
- 2013 FIVB World League
- 2013 CEV European Championship
- 2014 FIVB World League
- 2015 FIVB World Cup
- 2015 CEV European Championship
- 2016 Olympic Games
- 2010 Serie A2 – Most Valuable Player
- 2012 Italian Championship – Most Valuable Player
- 2013 FIVB World League – Best Outside Spiker
- 2013 CEV European Championship – Best Server
- 2013 Best Italian Volleyball Player by Super Volley
- 2015 FIVB World Cup – Best Opposite Spiker
- 2015 CEV European Championship – Best Opposite Spiker
- 2016 Emir of Qatar Cup – Most Valuable Player
- 2017 CEV Champions League – Best Outside Spiker
- Zaytsev For good performance selected Most Valuable Player Serie A1.SCUDETTO ALLA LUBE! APPLAUSI ALLA GRANDE SIR! Archived 2014-05-05 at the Wayback Machine - sirsafetyperugia.it - 04-05-2014
- APOTEOSI LUBE IN GARA 4 A PERUGIA: SIAMO CAMPIONI D'ITALIA - lubevolley.it - 04-05-2014
- IVAN ZAYTSEV SALUTA LA LUBE: GIOCHERA' IN RUSSIA - lubevolley.it - 09-05-2014
- "Russian giants add yet another title to their unique showcase" - eurovolley2013.dk - 29-09-2013
- Ivan Zaytsev - Olympic IOC Profile
- Позднякова Ирина - ussr-swimming.ru
- "Ivan Zaytsev diventa italiano". sportlive.it. 2008-05-13.
- ITA M: Zaytsev will become father! - worldofvolley.com - 04-04-2014
- Ivan Zaytsev became a dad! - worldofvolley.com - 31-10-2014
- "Ivan Zaytsev and Ashling Sirocchi engaged for the Banco Alimentare promotioanal campaign" (in Italian). Nov 11, 2016. Archived from the original on Nov 23, 2016. Retrieved Oct 25, 2018.
- "2016 Alimentary harvest got involved 140.000 people in 12.000 marketplaces" (in Italian). Nov 26, 2016. Archived from the original on Nov 26, 2016. Retrieved Oct 25, 2018.
- Zaytsev ties Olympic serving record with 134 km/h missile
- Record di Ivan Zaytsev - Eurosport
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ivan Zaytsev (volleyball).|