Ivchenko-Progress ZMKB (Ukrainian: Запорізьке машинобудівне конструкторське бюро «Прогрес» ім. О.Г.Івченка, Zaporizhia Machine-Building Design Bureau "Progress" State Enterprise named after Academician O.H.Ivchenko), formerly OKB-478 and Ivchenko Lotarev, is a state design bureau for aircraft engines in Zaporizhia, Ukraine whose products are widely used in both civil and military aircraft, most notably by Antonov, Beriev, Ilyushin, Tupolev, Mil and Yakovlev. Also PZL-Mielec has used a Progress engine in one of their cropdusters. Both the largest plane in the world, the An 225 and the largest helicopter, the Mi-26, are powered by Lotarev engines. The bureau is administered by the Ukrainian Defense Industry and the Ministry of Industrial Policy.
The Company has been involved for 60 years in the design of engines to power aircraft and helicopters of various types, and also designs drives and special equipment for industrial applications.
Three notable designers have led the development during this time:
- 1945–1968: Oleksandr Heorhiovych Ivchenko (Ukrainian: Олександр Георгійович Івченко)
- 1968–1989: Volodymyr Oleksiyovych Lotaryev (Ukrainian: Володимир Олексійович Лотарєв);
- 1989-2010: Fedir Mykhailovych Muravchenko (Ukrainian: Федір Михайлович Муравченко)
- 2010-: Ihor Fedorovych Kravchenko (Ukrainian: Ігор Федорович Кравченко)
Initially General Oleksandr Ivchenko designed piston engines. These engines were denoted AI. Work on their first turbine engine, the TS-12, began in 1953. Since the beginning of the 1960s the company have been developing bypass gas turbine engines. Under the direction of Volodymyr Lotarev, the organization developed the first operational Soviet high-bypass turbofans, the Lotarev D-36 in 1971.
This organization is now known as Ivchenko-Progress ZMKB and is based in Ukraine. Their engines are being operated successfully by numerous airlines around the world, including Volga-Dnepr, Antonov Airlines, Enimex, and Polet.
In January 2015, Diamond Aircraft of Austria announced the first flight of the Diamond DA50-JP7 powered by a 465 hp AI-450S turboprop engine developed by Ukraine's Motor Sich JSC and Ivchenko Progress 
Related real estates
- Sanatorium "Slavutych" in Andriivka (Mykhailivka rural municipality, Vilnyansk Raion)
- Beach resort "Perl" near Prymorsk
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ivchenko-Progress.|
- Ivchenko-Progress homepage
- http://www.janes.com/articles/Janes-Aircraft-Component-Manufacturers/Ivchenko-Progress-ZMKB-Ukraine.html Ivchenko Progress ZMKB at janes.com