From 1957 to 1968 Jüri Okas studied in the 46th Secondary School of Tallinn (today’s Pelgulinna Gymnasium of Tallinn). From 1968 to 1970 he studied in the Tallinn Polytechnic Institute (today’s Tallinn Technical University). From 1970 Jüri Okas studied in the State Art Institute of the Estonian SSR (today’s Estonian Academy of Arts) in the department of architecture. He graduated from the institute in 1974.
From 1974 to 1989 Jüri Okas worked in the design bureau EKE Projekt. From 1989 he has worked in the architectural bureau Okas&Lõoke OÜ.
The art creation by Jüri Okas includes numerous performances, photo collages, prints, installations, book designs and sculptures. Exhibitions of his works have been on display in many Estonian and Finnish galleries and his works have been part of exhibitions in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland, Sweden, Germany, Italy, Spain, Canada and Scotland.
- Astlanda business center, 1992 (unbuilt, with Marika Lõoke)
- Main office of the Forekspank bank, 1997 (with Marika Lõoke)
- Estconde business center, 1999 (with Marika Lõoke)
- Office building in the city center of Tallinn, 2001 (with Marika Lõoke)
- Modern farm in Saaremaa, 2002
- Apartment building on Kaarli Road, 2004 (with Marika Lõoke)
- Apartment building on Rävala Road, 2005 (with Marika Lõoke)
- Delta Plaza business center, 2008 (with Marika Lõoke)
- Reconstruction O, print, 1974
- Reconstruction M, print, 1976
- Environment, installation, 1976, Tallinn
- Untitled, land art, 1979, Vääna-Jõesuu
- Perspective, installation, 1979, Harku
- Landscape II, print, 1982
- Torn I, sügavtrükk, 1986
- Nest, installation, 1987, Tallinn
- Cross-roads, installation, 1995, Tartu
- Drench to Heaven, installation, 1996, Rostock
- Eesti kunsti ja arhitektuuri biograafiline leksikon. Tallinn: Eesti Entsüklopeediakirjastus. 1996. p. 354. ISBN 5-89900-049-X.
- Union of Estonian Architects, members
- Museum of Evald Okas, family, Jüri Okas
- Architectural Bureau Okas&Lõoke OÜ, works
|This Estonian architect biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|