|Motto||Breaking the Cycle of Poverty through Education and Rebuilding Our Nation.|
|Purpose||Education & Youth Development|
The JAAGO Foundation (বাংলা: জাগো ফাউন্ডেশন) is a civil society organization established in April 2007 and based in Bangladesh. JAAGO operates with the help of its employees and work towards the betterment of people living below the poverty line. The JAAGO Foundation currently has schools spread all over Bangladesh catering free of cost schools for 3,000 underprivileged children. One of JAAGO major annual events is the 'Universal Children's Day'. The foundation has more than 25,000 volunteers via its volunteer platform 'Volunteer for Bangladesh' who celebrate this day by raising awareness for children's rights.
In April 2007, Korvi Rakshand, a law school student, started a movement with some friends to distribute relief to the flood victims at the slums of Rayer Bazaar in Dhaka city. Later he expanded this program to establish the JAAGO Foundation with the hope of 'breaking the cycle of poverty through education'. Although JAAGO originally started out by providing free of cost primary school education to the children of Rayer Bazaar, Dhaka it slowly started to expand its activities all over Bangladesh.
JAAGO Foundation School
In 2007, the JAAGO Foundation started its school with 17 children on a piece of carpet and a whiteboard. It has now expanded to 12 fully functional branches and over 3,000 students. The JAAGO School is the first of its kind to provide free of cost education of international standards to the destitute children of Bangladesh. The primary course of instruction is English although students are also taught Bangla to have a very strong background in Bengali.
In September 2011, JAAGO Foundation began its first online school as a pilot program. Out of the 13 existing schools 10 are 'Online Schools'.
Volunteer For Bangladesh
Through Volunteer for Bangladesh, JAAGO Foundation, for the first time in Bangladesh, provided the youth with a voice and a platform. This concern of JAAGO Foundation is a nationwide association of Volunteer Action Groups that work for the betterment of their individual communities and the nation as a whole. Volunteer for Bangladesh plans to establish Volunteer Action Groups around 64 districts of Bangladesh and is supported by the US Embassy, Dhaka.
JAAGO has now opened supporting branches in U.S., UK, Canada and Australia. Most of these branches are operated by native nationals who once worked as volunteers for JAAGO.
- Arthakantha Business Award (2010) – Best CSR Performance Award
- Mosaic Talent Award 2010 – Mosaic International Award
- - Commonwealth Youth Awards 2013
- "JAAGO Foundation FAQ". JAAGO Foundation. Retrieved 13 November 2017.
- "Free Education". JAAGO Foundation. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
- Karim, Elita (11 December 1700). "Celebrating Children in Yellow!". Star Weekend Magazine. The Daily Star. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- "7,000 students to stand in for street children". The Daily Star. 2 November 2011. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- "JAAGO Foundation History". JAAGO Foundation. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
- "Online School". JAAGO Foundation.
- "Volunteer for Bangladesh". Volunteer for Bangladesh. JAAGO Foundation. Retrieved 1 December 2011.
- "Contact US". JAAGO Foundation. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
- Mohsin, Maliha. "Korvi Rakshand selected as Commonwealth Youth Awards Finalist". The Daily Star.