|Related names||Jacinto, Giacinta, Hyacintha, Jacinda, Jaxine|
The given name Jacinta is the feminine form of the masculine Spanish and Portuguese name Jacinto ("Hyacinth"). Variants include the Italian form Giacinta, as well as Hyacintha, Jacinda, Jacintha, and Jaxine.
In the United States, Jacinta is a common feminine first name, ranking 1748 out of 4275 for women of all ages in the 1990 U.S. Census. Jacinta is a rare surname as it was not ranked for people of all ages in the 1990 U.S. Census.
- Jacinta Stapleton, Australian actress
- Jacinta Marto, Portuguese visionary
- Jacinta Brondgeest, Australian dance-pop singer
- Jacinta Marto, one of three Portuguese shepherd children who claimed to witness the apparitions of Our Lady of Fátima
- Giacinta ed Ernesto, an opera by Julius Benedict
- Giacinta, a novel by Luigi Capuana
- Jacinta, an oil well drilled by Desire Petroleum in the southern part of the North Falkland Basin
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|
- Financial Times 30 December 2010