Jackson Hole, China
家乡，美国 (Hometown, USA)
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Jackson Hole, China (Chinese: 家乡; pinyin: jiā xiāng) is a resort town in Hebei Province, China about 2 hours north of Beijing, wedged between Taihang and Yan mountain ranges. Its translated Chinese name is "Hometown, U.S.A" (家乡，美国) according to another article, which says that resort towns in the countryside of China are rare and are usually associated with being "agrarian." The locale contains spacious backyards that make the location feel like one from America away from the hustle and bustle of Chinese city life.
The town's inspiration comes from Allison Smith who came up with the idea to replicate the architectures found in Jackson Hole, Wyoming in the United States of America. According to KIRO-TV, "...[y]ou can find a Jackson Hole in China". The intention of Jackson Hole China according to this article is to design the area to be Americanized. In the 1,000 single home housing development, the theme included designs reminiscent of "... Billy the Kid, Geronimo, Stagecoach Station, Betsy, Big Bear, etc...". Smith had researched various resort locations including Martha's Vineyard, Vail, Colorado, and then eventually Jackson Hole and eventually chose the latter for the design and theme of the resort town. In Smith's research, "... [s]he gathered cowhide, antler chandeliers, saddle blankets, lodge pole chairs, wagon wheels, Navajo rugs, iron light fixtures, wildlife scene fireplace screens, wooden snowshoes, leather throw pillows, horseshoes, Charles Russell prints and plaid curtains, shipping them all to China."  Liu Xiangyang who is the Developer of the Community, says his selling point is more than architecture; his buyers want freedom and spirituality, so he has built a Christian church in the center of the community for residents.
According to Smith, the properties "... have sold out and nearly tripled in value since being built."  As the first model was put up in a Beijing park for display, "... people apparently went nuts for it." 
- "Jackson Hole…China". Retrieved January 9, 2012.
- "China's Wild West".
- "OUT WEST IN JACKSON HOLE ... CHINA".
- "Allison Smith Design: Resort Community, Beijing, China". Retrieved 2008. Check date values in:
- "Jackson Hole, China". Jackson Hole News and Guide. Retrieved January 7, 2012.
- "You can find a Jackson Hole in China". Retrieved February 14, 2017.
- "Living the American dream in Jackson Hole, China". Retrieved July 5, 2013.
- "You can find a Jackson Hole in China". Retrieved January 9, 2012.
- "You can find a Jackson Hole in China". Retrieved January 9, 2012.[dead link]
- "Saddle up! Wild West goes to China". Retrieved July 4, 2013.
- "China Now Has A Jackson Hole Of Its Own". Retrieved January 9, 2012.
- "Jackson Hole, China a hit with western-loving Chinese". Retrieved January 9, 2012.