James Cox Chambers
James Cox Chambers
|Born||1956/1957 (age 61–62)|
|Residence||Palisades, New York, US|
|Alma mater||Bard College|
|Known for||16.3% share in Cox Enterprises|
|Net worth||US$6.3 billion (June 2018)|
Lauren Hamilton (m. 1982)
|Parent(s)||Robert W. Chambers|
Anne Cox Chambers
|Relatives||James M. Cox (grandfather)|
Katharine Rayner (half-sister)
Margaretta Taylor (half-sister)
Barbara Cox Anthony (aunt)
James C. Kennedy (first cousin)
Blair Parry-Okeden (first cousin)
Margaret Hamilton (mother-in-law)
James Cox Chambers (born 1956/57) is an American billionaire heir.
Chambers is the son of Anne Cox Chambers, and the grandson of the newspaper publisher James M. Cox. He has two half-sisters from his mother's first marriage, Katharine Ann Johnson and Margaretta Johnson. He graduated from Bard College in 1982.
In 1982, Chambers married fellow Bard College alumna and actress Lauren Hamilton, who is the daughter of NASA scientist, mathematician and computer pioneer Margaret Hamilton and James Cox Hamilton, both of Cambridge, Massachusetts. They have a son, James Cox "Jim" Chambers Jr.
- Brendan Coffey (November 20, 2015). "Three Cox Billionaires Minted as Matriarch Gives Away Wealth - Bloomberg Business". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved March 1, 2016.
- "Forbes profile: James Chambers". Forbes. Retrieved June 26, 2018.
- "James Cox Chambers". Communities In Schools. Retrieved July 21, 2016.
- "James Cox Chambers". BFI. Retrieved July 21, 2016.
- "Here Are The 198 New Billionaires Of 2016". Forbes.com. Retrieved March 1, 2016.
- "Lauren Hamilton, Actress, Is Married In New York to James Cox Chambers". NYTimes.com. October 10, 1982. Retrieved July 21, 2016.
- "Fall Bardian 2016". Retrieved July 15, 2018.
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|