James Fowler (footballer)
|Full name||James Fowler|
|Date of birth||26 October 1980|
|Place of birth||Stirling, Scotland|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive Midfielder / Full Back|
|2014||→ Cowdenbeath (loan)||10||(0)|
|2014–2015||Queen of the South||8||(1)|
|2014–2016||Queen of the South|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:42, 1 January 2015 (UTC).
James Fowler (born 26 October 1980) is a Scottish professional football player and manager. Fowler was most recently the manager of Scottish Championship club Queen of the South. He spent most of his playing career with Kilmarnock and represented Scotland at under-21 and B international levels.
Fowler graduated from the Kilmarnock youth setup. He played in a variety of different positions for Kilmarnock, with the longest continual spell being spent at right back. On 18 March 2012, he played in the 2012 Scottish League Cup Final, which Kilmarnock won 1–0 against Celtic. Fowler was granted a testimonial by Kilmarnock, which was played against Sheffield Wednesday on 8 August 2012. Fowler holds the record for the most games played in now disbanded Scottish Premier League with 401 appearances.
Fowler signed for Queen of the South as first team player-coach on 27 June 2014. He was appointed caretaker manager of the club in September 2014 after Jim McIntyre moved to Ross County and later that month was appointed manager on a permanent basis. On 30 March 2015 he agreed a contract extension until 30 May 2016.  Fowler departed Queens on 18 April 2016, two days after a 2-2 draw away to Alloa Athletic and with only two league matches of the 2015-16 season remaining.
On 14 July 2016 Fowler joined Scottish League Two side Stirling Albion as a player-coach, having previously been on trial.
Fowler was capped twice in 2000 by the Scotland under-21 team. In February 2007, Fowler was rewarded for his development with a late call up to the Scotland B squad against Finland. He played the last 25 minutes in a 2–2 draw at Rugby Park, his club's home ground.
Honours and Achievements
- As of 16 April 2016[update]
|Queen of the South||September 2014||April 2016||76||30||14||32||39.47|
- includes games as a caretaker before permanent appointment.
- "Celtic 0-1 Kilmarnock". BBC Sport. BBC. 18 March 2012. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- "Killie announce Fowler testimonial". The Scotsman (Johnston Press). 7 June 2012. Retrieved 7 June 2012.
- "New Faces". Cowdenbeath FC. 17 January 2014. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Queen of the South set to name new manager within a week". BBC Sport. BBC. 20 September 2014. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- Queen of the South appoint Fowler as new manager, BBC Sport
- "Manager Departs". Queen of the South FC. 19 April 2016. Retrieved 19 April 2016.
|This biographical article related to a defender from Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|