James Gordon (bishop of Jarrow)
|Bishop of Jarrow|
|Church||Church of England|
|Birth name||James Geoffrey Gordon|
|Born||11 December 1881
|Died||28 August 1938
|Spouse||Martha Sabrina Brinton|
He was Private Secretary to Lord President of the Council 1904 - 1906. He married Martha Sabrina Brinton in 1912. Called to the Bar 1906, Rector of Church of St John the Evangelist, Edinburgh 1919 - 1926, Vicar of St. Mary's Church, Nottingham 1926 - 1933 and Suffragan Bishop of Jarrow 1932 - 1938.
- “Who was Who” 1897-1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- "Gordon, James Geoffrey (GRDN900JG)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- A History of St. Mary's Church Nottingham, D.J. Peters, 1974.
- Three New Bishops Suffragan Selby, Whitby, And Jarrow (News) The Times Saturday, Dec 24, 1938; pg. 10; Issue 48186; col E
- Jarrow March Pickard, T: 1982, London, Allison and Busby ISBN 978-0-85031-398-7.
George Frederick Terry
|Rector of St John the Evangelist, Edinburgh
Charles Henry Ritchie
|Vicar of St.Mary's Church, Nottingham
Neville Stuart Talbot
Samuel Kirshbaum Knight
|Bishop of Jarrow
|This Anglicanism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|