December 29, 1947|
January 20, 2014 (aged 66)|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Carnegie Mellon University (BS)|
Cornell University (MBA)
Born December 29, 1947, Jacks grew up in a military family. He graduated from Carnegie Mellon University with a B.S. in Industrial Engineering and from Cornell University with an MBA. He was working as a Wall Street financial analyst when he decided to be a screenwriter. Unsuccessful, he became head of production at Circle Films in the early- to mid-1980s and then senior vice-president of production at Universal Studios from the late-1980s into the early-1990s. In 1992, he became an independent producer with Alphaville Films, which he co-founded with Sean Daniel. He left Alphaville Films in 2004.
|1987||Raising Arizona||executive producer|
|1993||Dazed and Confused||producer|
|Heart and Souls||executive producer|
|1995||Village of the Damned||co-executive producer|
|1996||Don't Look Back||executive producer|
|1998||A Simple Plan||producer|
|2001||Down to Earth||producer|
|The Mummy Returns||producer|
|Rat Race||executive producer|
|2002||The Scorpion King||producer|
|Intolerable Cruelty||executive producer|
|2008||The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor||producer|
|The Scorpion King 2: Rise of a Warrior||producer|
|2012||The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption||executive producer|
- "James R. Jacks Obituary". Los Angeles Times. January 30, 2014. Retrieved 6 September 2018 – via Legacy.com.
- Thompson, Anne (January 21, 2014). "RIP 'Mummy' and 'Raising Arizona' Producer James Jacks, Who Died of a Heart Attack Monday". Indiewire.com. Penske Business Media, LLC. Retrieved 5 September 2018.
- McNary, Dave (January 20, 2014). "'The Mummy,' 'Dazed and Confused' Producer James Jacks Dies in Los Angeles". Variety.com. Penske Business Media, LLC. Retrieved 5 September 2018.
- James Jacks on IMDb
- James Jacks at the TCM Movie Database
- Rest in Peace, Mr. Mallrats... by Kevin Smith
|This article about an American film producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|