|Position:||Wide receivers coach|
|Date of birth:||December 1, 1973|
|College:||Washington and Lee|
From 1997–1998, Urban was a graduate assistant at Clarion University of Pennsylvania. He was the Director of Football Administration at the University of Pennsylvania in 1999, and was the Director of Football Operations from 2000–2003.
Urban became a coaching intern for the Philadelphia Eagles during training camp in 2003. The assistant to head coach Andy Reid tore a patellar tendon during camp, and Urban took over his duties while he recovered. He was promoted to that position full-time in 2004. He was promoted to offensive assistant/quality control coach on February 20, 2007. He was promoted to quarterbacks coach in 2009 after Pat Shurmur left to be the offensive coordinator of the St. Louis Rams. When the Eagles signed Michael Vick during the preseason in 2009, Urban and offensive quality control coach Doug Pederson helped acclimate Vick to the offensive scheme. Urban was promoted to assistant offensive coordinator on February 8, 2011.
- Spadaro, Dave (February 20, 2007). "Eagles Announce Coaching Moves". philadelphiaeagles.com. Retrieved 2011-02-19.
- Grotz, Bob (February 11, 2011). "NFL: Eagles promote Urban to QBs coach". The Reporter. Retrieved 2011-02-19.
- Frank, Reuben (January 31, 2009). "Eagles bring back Pederson as assistant coach". Burlington County Times. Retrieved 2011-02-19.[permanent dead link]
- "Vick 'looks pretty good,' may play Thursday". NBC Sports. August 23, 2009. Retrieved 2011-02-19.
- Phillips, James (February 10, 2011). "Mechanicsburg native James Urban is promoted by Eagles". The Patriot-News. Retrieved 2011-02-21.
- "Bengals land Eagles aide Urban to coach receivers". NFL.com. February 21, 2011. Retrieved 2011-02-21.