(1823 painting by Jan Rustem)
29 August 1756|
Żnin, Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
9 November 1830 (aged 74)|
Jašiūnai Manor, Partitioned Poland
|Occupation||Mathematician, philosopher, astronomer|
|Relatives||Jędrzej Śniadecki (brother)|
Born in Żnin, Śniadecki studied at Kraków University and in Paris. He was rector of the Imperial University of Vilnius, a member of the Commission of National Education, and director of astronomical observatories at Kraków (055) and Vilnius. He died at Jašiūnai Manor near Vilnius.
He was brother to Jędrzej Śniadecki.
- "Rachunku algebraicznego teoria" (1783)
- "Geografia, czyli opisanie matematyczne i fizyczne ziemi" (1804)
- "Rozprawa o Koperniku" ( Discourse on Nicolaus Copernicus, biography, 1802)
- "O rachunku losów" (1817)
- "Trygonometria kulista analitycznie wyłożona" (1817)
- "O pismach klasycznych i romantycznych", Dziennik Wileński (1819)
- "Filozofia umysłu ludzkiego" (1821)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jan Śniadecki.|
- Władysław Tatarkiewicz, Historia filozofii (History of Philosophy), 3 vols., Warsaw, Państwowe Wydawnictwo Naukowe, 1978.
|This article about a Polish scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This European astronomer-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Polish mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|