Jared A. Ball
|Alma mater||University of Maryland at College Park, Cornell University, Frostburg State University|
|Known for||Media Studies, Africana Studies, The Myth and Propaganda of Black Buying Power (Palgrave, 2020)|
|Fields||Colonialism, Mass Media, Hip Hop Education, African American Studies|
|Institutions||Morgan State University|
Jared A. Ball (born 1971 in Washington, D.C.) is a professor of communication studies at Morgan State University in Baltimore, Maryland, United States. Additionally, he is an author, radio host and mixtape radio producer. In the 2008 presidential election, Ball sought the nomination of the Green Party of the United States before eventually dropping out and endorsing Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney.
Education and career
Ball is a graduate of the University of Maryland at College Park, the Cornell Africana Studies and Research Center at Cornell University and Frostburg State University. Ball is the author of The Myth and Propaganda of Black Buying Power (Palgrave Macmillan, 2020), I Mix What I Like! A Mixtape Manifesto and co-editor of A Lie of Reinvention: Correcting Manning Marable's Malcolm X, a critique of Manning Marable's Malcolm X: A Life of Reinvention. He has also been known for his work on Pacifica Radio, Black Agenda Report and iMiXWHATiLiKE.ORG.
- Gosa, Travis L.; Nielson, Erik (2015). The Hip Hop & Obama Reader. Oxford University Press. p. 38. ISBN 978-0-19-934180-1.
- "Home". imixwhatilike.org.
- "A Lie of Reinvention: Correcting Manning Marable's Malcolm X - J.Ball and T. Burroughs".
- "Attempted ivory tower assassination of Malcolm X: an interview with Jared Ball, editor of ‘A Lie of Re-Invention’" San Francisco Bayview: National Black Newspaper (2012): http://sfbayview.com/2012/attempted-ivory-tower-assassination-of-malcolm-x-an-interview-wit-jared-ball-editor-of-a-lie-of-re-invention/
- "Jared A. Ball, Ph.D." iMWiL!. Retrieved 2020-02-27.
- Ball's faculty page at Morgan State University