Jaswinder Singh (singer)
Singh in Hyderabad, India (May 2010)
Jaswinder Singh is a new age Ghazal singer from India. He is the son and student of Kuldip Singh, composer of ghazals such as ‘Tumko dekha to ye khayal aaya’ from the movie Saath Saath and ‘Itni Shakti Hame De Na Daata’ from Ankush.
Saregama-HMV, one of the biggest music archives in India, recently launched his music album “Ishq Nahin Asaan”. Earlier, he released “Yours Truly” and “Dilkash” by Tips Music.
Jaswinder Singh has played international concerts in USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, Dubai and Muscat. He has performed over 300 live concerts. Jaswinder Singh also specializes in several Sufi and Punjabi songs, usually performed toward the end of his concerts.
Jaswinder Singh was born in Mumbai. He is the son of Kuldeep Singh, who composed ghazals such as Tumko dekha to ye khayal aaya and Itni shakti hame dena daata, and wrote music for the movies Saath-Saath and Ankush. He was trained in classical singing by Dr Sushila Pohankar and Pt. Ajay Pohankar, and the classical singer Jagjit Singh.
Singh got his training in classical singing from Sushilabai and Ajay Pohankar. He was chosen to sing for the play ‘Kaifi Aur Main’, a epistolary style play dealing with the life and times of the noted lyricist and poet Kaifi Azmi. The lead actors Javed Akhtar and Shabana Azmi share anecdotes from the poet's life while Singh performs ghazals and songs penned by Kaifi Azmi.
He also performed at Ghalibnaama, a conceptual show based on the prose and poetry of Mirza Ghalib. In July 2012, Singh sang "Bahut Yaad Aate Ho Tum" for an episode of Aamir Khan's TV series Satyamev Jayate.
|Mirchi Music Awards|
|2016||Upcoming Male Vocalist of The Year||"Tumhe Bhi Meri Yaad"||30 Minutes||Nominated|||
- " Ishq nahin aasaan " released by Saregama - HMV
- " Dilkash " released by Tips
- "Yours Truly" released by Tips
Eternal released by Artistaloud / Hungama
- "Jasvinder Singh to perform in the city". mybangalore.com. Retrieved 12 November 2015.
- "Sound of music". The Hindu. 2012-12-05. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2016-07-14.
- Ujala Ali Khan. "Ode to the creative life of Kaifi Azmi". thenational.ae. Retrieved 12 November 2015.
- "MMA Mirchi Music Awards". MMAMirchiMusicAwards. Retrieved 2018-03-24.
- "Ghazal singer Jaswinder Singh launches his new album". ibnlive.com. Retrieved 12 November 2015.