جاو ید ملک
|Alma mater||Froebels International School, Bahria College,
|Profession||Diplomat, lawyer, journalist, Television anchor|
Javed Malik is a Pakistani journalist and diplomat, currently serving as Pakistan’s Ambassador at Large and Prime Minister’s Special Envoy for Trade and Investment in the United Arab Emirates.
Malik was born in Islamabad, Pakistan to Mansoor Malik, a barrister practising both in Pakistan and UK and his wife, Dr. Farida Malik, an educationalist. After an early education in Islamabad where he attended Froebel's International School and Bahria College, he went to the UK for further studies. While there he attended the Middlesex University in North London from where he graduated in law and politics. While in London, he practised with the law firm, Abbot Kennedy.
He also worked at the House of Commons with the British MP Denzil Davies where he discussed issues relating of Asian community particularly on integration of minority communities in mainstream British life.,
Malik is the publisher and editor in chief of UAE's first diplomatic magazine. The International Diplomat . and writes for international newspapers such as Khaleej Times (in UAE), and The News International, Pakistan.
Malik has been associated with print and television media for over ten years. He began his career in London with Prime TV, he later joined Pakistan's largest International Television Network ARY News. He is ranked among the pioneer anchors of independent television in Pakistan. His programme, "Insight with Javed Malik" remained one of the most watched television shows in Pakistan for many years.
In 2008, the prime minister Syed Yousaf Raza Gillani appointed Javed Malik as Pakistan's Ambassador at Large with the status of a minister. Malik resigned in 2011 and in 2012 Nawaz Sharif, president of the Pakistan Muslim League (N), appointed Javed Malik as his special advisor on Foreign Relations & Overseas Pakistanis.
In 2014, following Sharif's return to office as prime minister of Pakistan, he appointed Malik as the Prime Minister's Special Envoy for Overseas Investment and Trade. In this role he advises and assists the Prime Minister on economic and trade diplomacy matters. Through his efforts, in February 2014, at the "Pakistan Business Seminar" held in Dubai, UAE and chaired by the Finance Minister, Ishaq Dar, the Pakistan International Business and Investment Council was launched.
- "Ahlan enlists Javed Malik among 100 most influential UAE based Asians". APP. Associated Press of Pakistan. 14 Jan. Retrieved 2 October 2012. Check date values in:
- "Javed launches public diplomacy effort; British MPs delegation to attend International Democracy". Associated Press of Pakistan. APP. 24 Dec. Retrieved 2 October 2012. Check date values in:
- Abrar, Milan (4 Jan). "Friends of Pakistan from British Parliament to visit Pakistan next week: Javed Malik". APP. Associated Press of Pakistan. Retrieved 2 October 2012. Check date values in:
- "Ambassador at Large Javed Malik meets President". Patkistan Times. 3 October 2012. ISSN 1729-7915. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- "Friends of Pakistan". Delegates from 22 Countries attend Friends of Pakistan Working Dinner by Ambassador Javed Malik. Urdumanzil. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- "Govt mulling legislation to allocate seats for Overseas Pakistanis in NA". Official Website – Sindh Governor House Pakistan. 13 Feb 2009. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- "Javed Malik profiles", Daily Pakistan.com, 2012, retrieved 29 September 2012
- "First session of Overseas Pakistanis Forum: Overseas Pakistanis extend full support to Pakistan's challenges". Daily Times. 8 December 2009. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- Mumtaz Hamid Rao, ed. (6 December). "Overseas Pakistanis Forum in Dubai on Dec 6". Pakistan Times. ISSN 1729-7915. Retrieved 2 October 2012. Check date values in:
- "Javed Malik appointed as ambassador at large.". App.com.pk. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "FOREIGN MINISTER WILL BE KEYNOTE SPEAKER AT CONFERENCE". Mofa.Govt.Pakistan. 2008-10-16. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "Friends of Pakistan meeting in Abu Dhabi today". Geo.TV. 2008-11-17. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- "Prime Minister to be Patron in Chief of Pakistan International Council". Associated Press of Pakistan APP. 12 May. Retrieved 2 October 2012. Check date values in:
- "PM appreciates performance of Javed Malik". Associated Press of Pakistan. 2 Jun. Retrieved 2 October 2012. Check date values in:
- "Ready to tackle Pakistan expat turmoil". Gulf News. 2009-07-20. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- Section 1: List of Staff House of Commons, UK Parliament Retrieved 3 July 2014
- "Javed Malik Biography Journalist". Bihar Urdu Youth Forum, Bihar. 2009. Retrieved 29 September 2012.[dead link]
- Ahmed, Ashfaq (20 July 2009). "Ready to tackle Pakistan expat turmoil". Gulf News. com. Retrieved 29 September 2012.
- Malik, Javed (25 September 2005). "Integration, Multiculturalism or Isolation? A British Muslim Perspective". International News Forum. Retrieved 29 September 2012.
- "The International Diplomat – The magazine for the diplomatic community in the United Arab Emirates UAE". Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- Mir Shabil-ur-Rahman, ed. (2011). "All stories/articles Javed Malik (15)". The News International. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- "Insight with Javed Malik 8th June 2009 1/4" (video). InsightJavedMalik. 8 June 2009. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- "Insight with Javed Malik 8th June 2009 4/4" (video). InsightJavedMalik. 8 June 2009. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- Mir Shakil-ur-Rahman, ed. (10 January 2012). "Nawaz appoints Javed Malik as special adviser". The News International. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- "Javed Malik designated as Advisor to Nawaz Sharif on International Relations". Pakistan Muslim League NPMLN Official. 16 March 2012. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- "Javed Malik calls on Nawaz Sharif". The News International. 18 February 2012. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- Ahmed, Ashfaq (6 June 2012). "Former Pakistan PM wants to improve relations with US The president of the PML-N was in Dubai for business forum". Al Nisr Publishing LLC. Gulf News. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- Pakistan International Business The News International 10 February 2014. print edition. Retrieved 6 July 2014.