Javier Hernández Aguiran
|Born||June 13th 1979
|Height||175 cm (5 ft 9 in)|
Javier Hernandez Aguiran is an armless Paralympic swimmer and sports journalist from Spain who represented the country at the 2012 Summer Paralympics, where he earned a Paralympic diploma with 33 years old. He just started training at the age 30.
Hernandez was born without arms, and is from Zaragoza in Aragon. Graduate in Audiovisual Communication from University Autónoma of Barcelona he works as a sports journalist from 2001. He is the author of the authorised biography of the ex-Zaragoza stricker Luciano Galletti.
Hernandez won an award at the 2012 Aragonés Sports Gala. In April 2013, he gave a motivational talk to Real Zaragoza before a game against Mallorca. The team, winless in 15 games at that time, went on to win the game, which Hernandez gave full credit to the team for doing. He made a speech in the box of honor of the Santiago Bernabeu (October 2013) and another one in the main theatre of Vila-Real in front of 500 persons.
He started training after age 30 and he has won 13 gold medals in different Spanish National Championships and he broke the 150 medley SM3 Spanish record in March 2012. He represented Spain at the 2012 London Paralympics, where he participated in 3 races: 150 medley SM3, 50 breastroke SB3 and 50 backstroke S3. He qualified for the 50 backstroke S3 final, where he finished eighth and earned a Paralympic diploma.
- "Más de cien alumnos de los programas máster de Kühnel reciben sus diplomas" (in Spanish). Spain: Heraldo.es. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Triunfo con ayuda emocional — Deportes — El Periódico de Aragón" (in Spanish). Spain: Elperiodicodearagon.com. 2013-04-29. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Rudi considera que los deportistas aragoneses en los Juegos Olímpicos y Paraolímpicos muestran "el valor del esfuerzo"" (in Spanish). Spain: 20minutos.es. 2012-09-13. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Virtuals Agrupados" (in Spanish). Spain: Marca. 8 September 2012. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Teresa Perales y Andrés Mir, elegidos mejores deportistas de Aragón en 2012 - Deportes — El Periódico de Aragón" (in Spanish). Spain: Elperiodicodearagon.com. 2013-05-14. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Jiménez: 'No podemos sacar pecho, vamos contrarreloj' - Tema del día — El Periódico de Aragón" (in Spanish). Spain: Elperiodicodearagon.com. 2013-04-28. Retrieved 3 January 2014.