Jennifer Morla is an American graphic designer and artist based San Francisco, California.
Education and early career
Jennifer studied conceptual art at Hartford Art School, University of Hartford and received her BFA in Graphic Design from Massachusetts College of Art and Design in Boston, Massachusetts. In the late 70s she was working as the in-house designer at Levi Strauss & Co. and at PBS Television, San Francisco. In 1984 she founded her own studio Morla Design in San Francisco. Clients include The New York Times, Levi Strauss & Co., Apple Computer, Williams-Sonoma, Inc., Herman Miller Inc., Stanford University, Gap and Luna Textiles She has worked extensively with conceptual art venues designing identities, books and posters for Sculpture Center, Capp Street Project, and New Langton Arts. Since 1992 she is an adjunct professor at California College of the Arts. From 2006 to 2008 she joined Design Within Reach where she oversaw the design of all media as vice-president and design director.
- 2008 - AIGA Corporate Leadership Award.
- 2010 - Morla awarded AIGA Medal.
- 2012 - The Workshop Residence
- Grand Palais, Paris
- Brandenburg Art Gallery, Berlin
- Museum of Art and Design, New York City
- Denver Art Museum, Denver
- Smithsonian American Art Museum, Washington D.C.
- K Kimpton Gallery, San Francisco
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- Denver Art Museum
- Library of Congress
- Meggs' History of Graphic Design, (5th Edition)
- The Poster: 1000 Posters from Toulouse-Lautrec to Sagmeister
- The New York Times Magazine, Graphis Inc.
- Communication Arts, IDEA (Japan)
- Linea Graphica (Italy)
- A Diseño (Mexico)
- Novum (Germany).
- AIGA National Board of Directors (1997-1999)
- SFMoMA Accessions Board for Architecture and Design (1995–present)
- CCA faculty Morla Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- The AIGA Corporate Leadership Award Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- AIGA medalist Morla Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- The Workshop Residence Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- http://www.artfacts.net/en/institution/san-francisco-museum-of-modern-art-sfmoma-2379/overview.html Jennifer Morla solo exhibition at SFMoMA
- Jennifer Morla at MoMa. Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- Jennifer Morla at Smithsonian American Art Museum Retrieved 2015-04-14.
- http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/iuc2009005443 Jennifer Morla at Library of Congress
- http://www.graphis.com/archive/magazines/?p=160 Graphis, Issue 319, Jennifer Morla: Any Way, Shape, or Form, p 22
- http://www.commarts.com/Search.aspx?code=morla&c=True&ft=False&dt=i Jennifer Morla in Communication Arts Magazine
- Graphis Poster Annual 2011, Morla Design awarded Graphis Poster Annual 2011 Gold
- CCA Graphic Design's Jennifer Morla Awarded High Honors with AIGA Medal, CCA News, May 17, 2010
- Q&A with Jennifer Morla at the Wayback Machine (archived July 19, 2011), Interview by Sean Adams, Step Inside Design, July/August 2006.
- The Establishment at the Wayback Machine (archived July 19, 2011), Interviews & Profiles by Emily Potts, Step Inside Design, Nov/Dec 2005.
- Gerda Breuer, Julia Meer, ed. (2012). Women in Graphic Design''. Berlin: Jovis. p. 517/519, 554. ISBN 978-3-86859-153-8.