|Born||Edmund Jeremy James Walker
3 January 1935
Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England, UK
Kemp was born Edmund Jeremy James Walker in Chesterfield, Derbyshire- the son of Elsa May (daughter of Dr James Kemp, of Sheffield) and Edmund Reginald Walker, an engineer, of a Yorkshire landed gentry family that had owned at various times Aldwick Hall at Rotherham, Silton Hall at Northallerton, Ravensthorpe Manor, and Mount St John, at Thirsk. He studied acting at the Central School of Speech and Drama.
Kemp's television credits include: Colditz, Space: 1999 and a number of other series such as: Hart to Hart, The Greatest American Hero, The Fall Guy, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, Conan the Adventurer, Star Trek: The Next Generation, The Winds of War, War and Remembrance and Murder, She Wrote. He played King Leontes in the BBC Television production of The Winter's Tale (1981). He also appeared as Cornwall in the 1984 TV movie version of King Lear opposite Laurence Olivier as Lear.
From the mid-1960s to the mid-1970s, Kemp had a prominent film career, usually appearing as second male leads or top supporting roles. His films include Dr. Terror's House of Horrors, Operation Crossbow, The Blue Max, Darling Lili, A Bridge Too Far, The Seven-Per-Cent Solution, Top Secret! and Four Weddings and a Funeral.
- Cleopatra (1963) as Agitator (uncredited)
- Dr. Terror's House of Horrors (1965) as Jerry Drake (segment 2 "Creeping Vine")
- Operation Crossbow (1965) as Phil Bradley
- Cast a Giant Shadow (1966) as Senior British Officer
- The Blue Max (1966) as Willi von Klugermann
- Assignment K (1968) as Hal
- The Strange Affair (1968) as Det. Sgt. Pierce
- A Twist of Sand (1968) as Harry Riker
- Eyewitness (1970) as Inspector Galleria
- Darling Lili (1970) as Colonel Kurt Von Ruger
- The Games (1970) as Jim Harcourt
- Pope Joan (1972) as Joan's Father
- The Belstone Fox (1973) as John Kendrick
- The Blockhouse (1973) as Grabinski
- Lips of Lurid Blue (1975) as George Stevens
- The Seven-Per-Cent Solution (1976) as Baron Karl von Leinsdorf
- The Rhinemann Exchange (1977) (TV film) as Geoffrey Moore
- A Bridge Too Far (1977) as R.A.F. Briefing Officer
- East of Elephant Rock (1977) as Harry Rawlins
- Leopard in the Snow (1978) as Bolt
- Caravans (1978) as Dr. Smythe
- The Treasure Seekers (1979) as Reginald Landers
- The Prisoner of Zenda (1979) as Duke Michael
- The Return of the Soldier (1982) as Frank
- The Winds of War (1983) as Brigadier General Armin Von Roon
- Uncommon Valor (1983) as Ferryman
- George Washington (1984) as General Gates
- Top Secret! (1984) as General Streck
- Peter the Great (1986) as Col. Patrick Gordon
- War and Remembrance (1988) as Brigadier General Armin Von Roon
- When the Whales Came (1989) as Mr. Wellbeloved
- Prisoner of Honor (1991) (TV film) as Gen. de Pellieux
- Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994) as Sir John Delaney - Wedding Two
- Angels & Insects (1995) as Sir Harald Alabaster
- Sir Bernard Burke (1969). Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry. 2. Burke's Peerage. p. 627.
- Burke's Landed Gentry 1952, p. 2614, "Walker of Mount St John' pedigree"
- "Jeremy Kemp Biography (1935–)". Film Reference. Retrieved January 27, 2017.