|Traded as||Euronext: JMT|
|Pedro Soares dos Santos (CEO)|
|Products||Unilever-branded fast moving consumer goods|
|Services||Discount, grocery and convenience stores; hypermarkets; cash-and-carry; pharmacies; foodservice outlets|
|Revenue||€14.980 billion (2014)|
|€457 million (2014)|
|Profit||€301.7 million (2014)|
Number of employees
|89,027 (Dec 2015)|
Jerónimo Martins SGPS, SA (JM) is a Portuguese corporate group that operates in food distribution and consumer products manufacturing. It operates around 3,600 stores in Portugal, Poland, and Colombia. The group is the majority owner of Jerónimo Martins Retail (JMR), which operates the Pingo Doce super- and hypermarket chain in Portugal. JM has been run as a 51%-49% joint venture with the Dutch firm Ahold Delhaize since 1992; in November 2006 Ahold announced its intention to sell its interest but it continues to search for a buyer as of 2009.
In Portugal, Jerónimo Martins operates the Pingo Doce chain of super- and hypermarkets as well as the Recheio chain of cash-and-carry stores. It also has industrial facilities focused on the production of several Unilever brands. This is carried out through the joint venture company Unilever Jerónimo Martins, which is 45% owned by JM and 55% owned by Unilever.
It once owned Lillywhites, a British company focused on sports goods (sold in 2002 to Sports World International); a stake in Eurocash, a cash-and-carry in Poland; and Supermercados Sé, a supermarket chain in Brazil (sold to Grupo Pão de Açúcar in 2002).
- "Full Year Results 2013" (PDF). Jerónimo Martins. Retrieved 14 March 2014.
- "Company Profile". Jerónimo Martins. Retrieved 25 September 2016.
- "Our Brands / Jeronimo Martins". Ahold. Retrieved 2 January 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "Jeronimo Martins ready to start process to buy Ahold's stake in JMR". AFX News. Forbes. 6 November 2006. Retrieved 2 January 2010.
- Aveiro, Isabel (6 March 2009). "Negociações com a Ahold não podem pôr em causa balanço da JM". Jornal de Negócios (in Portuguese). Archived from the original on 5 June 2009. Retrieved 2 January 2010.
- "JM & Unilever Joint-Venture". Jerónimo Martins. Retrieved 2 January 2010.
- "Jerónimo Martins Group starts operations in Colombia". Jerónimo Martins. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Watts, Robert (2 April 2006). "What's happened to Lillywhites?". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2 January 2010.
- "International News - Jeronimo sells Eurocash". Retail Week. 7 February 2003. Retrieved 2 January 2010.
- "Venda de supermercados Sé confirma-se". TSF. 30 July 2002. Retrieved 2 January 2010.[permanent dead link]