|Member of the Minnesota House of Representatives
from the 63A district
January 3, 2001
|Preceded by||Lee Greenfield|
April 13, 1959 |
|Political party||Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party|
|Alma mater||University of Minnesota|
|Occupation||Educator, chef, legislator|
James T. "Jim" Davnie (born April 13, 1959) is a Minnesota politician and member of the Minnesota House of Representatives. A member of the Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party (DFL), he represents District 63A, which includes portions of the city of Minneapolis in Hennepin County, which is part of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. He is also a teacher.
Early life, education, and career
Davnie graduated Bloomington Jefferson High School in Bloomington, then went on to the University of Minnesota, earning his B.S. in Psychology and Social Work in 1988 and his M.Ed. in Education in 1995. He worked as a professional chef, and has been a teacher at Buffalo Community Middle School in Buffalo since 1989.
Minnesota House of Representatives
Davnie was first elected in 2000 and has been re-elected every two years since then.
Active in his community through the years, Davnie was a member of Minneapolis' Seward Neighborhood Group from 1996–2000 and was also a representative on the Community Advisory Committee for the Hiawatha Light Rail Transit. He is also a past president and member of the governing board of Education Minnesota (1999–2001).
- "Minnesota Legislators Past & Present - Legislator Record - Davnie, Jim". Leg.state.mn.us. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Project Vote Smart - Representative Jim T. Davnie - Biography". Votesmart.org. 1959-04-13. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- Jim Davnie at Minnesota Legislators Past & Present
- Rep. Davnie Web Page
- Minnesota Public Radio Votetracker: Rep. Jim Davnie
- Project Votesmart - Rep. Jim Davnie Profile