Jim Steel (director)
|Born||April 24, 1958|
|Died||Nov. 5, 2014
|Other names||J Steel, James Steel, Patrick Dennis, Scott Parisi|
Jim Steel (April 24, 1958-November 5, 2014) was an American director, writer, production manager and producer of adult films. He was an inductee of the Grabby Awards Hall of Fame and the GayVN Awards Hall of Fame.
Adult film career
Steel's career dates back to the late 1980s. He wrote a witty travel column in the late eighties "Grizzle at Large" for Jock Magazine. He is well known in the gay adult film industry as "the only person in this business today who understands how to mix comedy and sex..." He worked continuously through 2009n various capacities.
Steel was once half of the producing team known in adult film as "Patrick Dennis." His first breakout hit was Davey and the Cruisers. He later directed the popular "Rites" series for HIS Video (Rites of Summer, Rites of Spring, Rites of Winter, and Rites of Fall), and the "Pay to Play" series of films. By 1994, he had produced or directed more than 140 films.
He was primarily known for his work in the Gay adult entertainment market, but worked consistently in both gay and straight adult video. He occasionally played nonsexual cameos in the films he produced.
- French Connection 1: Temptation (Falcon Studios, 1998)
- Conquest (Wicked Pictures, 1997)
- Jock-a-Holics (Sierra Pacific/Tyger Films, 1993)
- Lost In Vegas (All World's Video, 1993)
Selected producing filmography (gay)
- Tulsa County Line (Men of Odyssey, 2001)
- Top Secret (Men of Odyssey, 2000)
- Caesar's Hard Hat Gang Bang (Men of Odyssey, 2000)
- Echoes (Men of Odyssey, 2000)
- Technical Ecstasy (Men of Odyssey, 1999)
- Mass Appeal (Men of Odyssey, 1998)
- Pick Up (Vivid Man, 1995)
Selected directing filmography (gay)
- Teacher's Pet (HIS Video, 2007)
- Devil Inside (HIS Video, 2006)
- Up All Night (Falcon Studios, 2005)
- Mass Appeal 2 (Men of Odyssey, 2002)
- The Joint (Men of Odyssey, 2001)
- Carnal Intentions (Men of Odyssey, 2001)
- The Journey Back (Men of Odyssey, 2000)
- Ryker's Revenge (Men of Odyssey, 1998)
- Dreaming in Blue (Vivid Man, 1998)
- Hollywood Knights (Vivid Man, 1997)
- Men's Room (Vivid Man, 1996)
- A Night with Todd Stevens (Vivid Man, 1996)
- Pure (Vivid Man, 1996)
- Rescue 69-11 (Vivid Man, 1996)
- Crossroads (Vivid Man, 1993)
- The Return of Grant Fagin (Vivid Man, 1991)
- List of male performers in gay porn films
- List of pornographic movie studios
- List of Grabby recipients
- Spencer, "On the Set With Jim Steel," Manshots, February 1995.
- Johnson, "Falcon Names New Directors," Adult Video News, February 11, 2005.
- Richards, "Men of Odyssey Returns Under Bob East," Adult Video News September 25, 2006.
- "LFP Revives HIS Brand With The Devil Inside," Adult Video News, September 25, 2006.
- Johnson, Peter. "Falcon Names New Directors." Adult Video News. February 11, 2005. Accessed November 30, 2007.
- "LFP Revives HIS Brand With The Devil Inside." Adult Video News. September 25, 2006. Accessed November 30, 2007.
- Richards, Rick. "Men of Odyssey Returns Under Bob East." Adult Video News. March 26, 2007. Accessed November 30, 2007.
- Spencer, William. "On the Set With Jim Steel." Manshots. February 1995.
- Jim Steel at TLAvideo.com
- Grabby Awards Wall of Fame
- GAYVN Awards website
- Jim Steel at the Internet Movie Database
- Jim Steel at the Internet Adult Film Database
|GayVN Awards Hall of Fame