|Birth name||Joe Haggerty|
|Born||July 23, 1967|
|Genres||Punk rock, Pop punk|
|Associated acts||Pegboy, The Effigies, Stiff Little Fingers, Bloodsport|
Joe Haggerty is the drummer for Pegboy and is known for his dense, energetic, relentless and varied drumming style. In the mid-1980s he was the drummer for the Chicago punk band Bloodsport. In 1987, three of the members of Bloodsport, including Haggerty, went on to join a re-formed version of the Effigies. When the Effigies folded in 1990, Haggerty became a founding member of Pegboy, along with his brother John Haggerty.
Haggerty also plays in a band called the Nefarious Fat Cats which features an all-star line-up including his brother John Haggerty, Jake Burns of Stiff Little Fingers, Herb Rosen of the Beer Nuts and Rights of the Accused, Mark DeRosa of the band Dummy and Scott Lucas of Local H.
He played with Stiff Little Fingers in December 2012 for a show in Chicago, as a substitute for Steve Grantley who could not make the show.
- Kot, Greg (1991-10-28). "Punk's passion, minus the violence, propels Pegboy". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- Kot, Greg (1991-10-24). "Strong Reaction (Quarterstick)". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- Rabid, Jack. "Bloodsport — I Am The Game". Trouser Press. Retrieved 2013-01-07.
- "Pegboy Profile". Chicago Tribune. 1991-10-25. Retrieved 2011-08-26.
- Joe Haggerty at AllMusic
- DeRogatis, Jim (2009-08-25). "Bye-bye M.O.T.O., hello Jake Burns". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 2013-01-07.
- Bloodsport - I Am The Game at Discogs
|This article on a United States rock drummer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|