|Full name||Johan Christiaan Pietersen|
18 May 1984 |
Vryheid, South Africa
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||81 kg (12 st 11 lb)|
|School(s) attended||Grey College, Bloemfontein|
|Playing position||Fullback / Wing / Flyhalf|
|Current club||Kamaishi Seawaves|
|2015||Sharks (Currie Cup)||10||(126)|
* Senior club appearances and points correct as of 19 March 2016.
He started his career at Western Province, playing for them in the domestic Currie Cup and Vodacom Cup competitions, as well as representing the Stormers in Super Rugby. In 2010, he joined Bayonne in France, but on 4 Nov 2011, he rejoined Western Province on a 2-year deal.
After a second spell in France with Biarritz, he returned to South Africa to join Bloemfontein-based side the Free State Cheetahs in 2014. After just six months, he moved to Durban to join the Sharks.
- Stormers profile
- "SA Rugby Player Profile – Joe Pietersen". South African Rugby Union. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- itsrugby.co.uk profile
- "Pietersen signs for WP". sport24.co.za. 4 November 2011. Retrieved 4 November 2011.
- "Gevind: Goose se opvolger" (in Afrikaans). Volksblad. 12 July 2014. Retrieved 11 July 2014.
- "Zeilinga joins Cheetahs" (Press release). Sharks. 27 May 2015. Retrieved 27 May 2015.
- 2016年釜石シーウェイブスRFC新体制及び新規加入選手・スタッフのお知らせ [2016 Kamaishi Seawaves RFC new regime and announcement of the new subscription players staff] (PDF) (Press release) (in Japanese). Kamaishi Seawaves. 30 March 2016. Retrieved 30 March 2016.
|This South Africa rugby union biography is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|