This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Born in San Diego, California, United States, Tafolla is the son of Rosie Hamlin and Noah Tafolla, the singer and guitarist of Rosie and the Originals, respectively. Initially a member of the heavy metal band Jag Panzer from 1984 to 1985, he joined Mike Varney's Shrapnel Records label soon after; releasing his debut album Out of the Sun in 1987, alongside the releases of other shred players such as Marty Friedman, Jason Becker, Paul Gilbert, Richie Kotzen, Tony MacAlpine and Vinnie Moore, among others. His second release in 1991, Infra-Blue, was a noticeable departure from the neo-classical stylings of his first album, and demonstrated a more standard instrumental rock-oriented sound.
Tafolla currently owns JTM Merchandising, an apparel and gear manufacturing company located in Huntington Beach, California.
As of November 1, 2013, Tafolla admitted in Facebook chat that he is back with Jag Panzer and will be recording a solo album shortly after the Jag Panzer recording. As of November 2019, his own album has yet to materialize.
With Jag Panzer
With Graham Bonnet Band
- 2018: Meanwhile Back In The Garage
- 1989: Guitar Masters, Roadrunner Records
- 1990: An Axe To Grind, Ken Tamplin, Frontline
- 1992: Guitar on the edge, Vol 1, No.1, Legato Records
- 1995: In the Witness Box, Ken Tamplin, Brunette
- 1998: Metal Guitars - High Voltage Instrumentals, Disky Communications
- 2006: Guitar Odyssey, Milan Polak, Lion Music
- 2009: Shrapnel's Super Shredders: Neoclassical, Shrapnel
- 2009: This is Shredding, Vol. 1, Shrapnel
- 1993: Shredding, REH830, CPP Media Group
- Varga, George (April 14, 2017). "Rosie Hamlin, the singer in San Diego's Rosie and The Originals, dead at 71". The San Diego Union-Tribune. Tronc. Retrieved April 19, 2017.
- Colin Larkin, ed. (1995). The Guinness Who’s Who of Heavy Metal (Second ed.). Guinness Publishing. pp. 352/3. ISBN 0-85112-656-1.
|This article on a United States rock guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|