||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Joey Tafolla (born May 30, 1962) is an American guitarist. Initially a member of the heavy metal band Jag Panzer from 1984 to 1985, he joined Mike Varney's Shrapnel Records label soon after; releasing his debut album Out of the Sun in 1987, alongside the releases of other shred players such as Marty Friedman, Jason Becker, Paul Gilbert, Richie Kotzen, Tony MacAlpine and Vinnie Moore, among others. His second release in 1991, Infra-Blue, was a noticeable departure from the neo-classical stylings of his first album, and demonstrated a more standard instrumental rock-oriented sound. As well as releasing an instructional video in 1993 Joey taught at the American Institute of Music in Vienna in 1995 alongside Shawn Lane and Milan Polak among others).
Tafolla currently owns JTM Merchandising, an apparel and gear manufacturing company located in Huntington Beach, California.
As of 11.1.2013 Tafolla admitted in Facebook chat that he is back with Jag Panzer and will be recording a solo album shortly after the Jag Panzer recording.
With Jag Panzer
- 1989: Guitar Masters, Roadrunner Records
- 1990: An Axe To Grind, Ken Tamplin, Frontline
- 1992: Guitar on the edge, Vol 1, No.1, Legato Records
- 1995: In the Witness Box, Ken Tamplin, Brunette
- 1998: Metal Guitars - High Voltage Instrumentals, Disky Communications
- 2006: Guitar Odyssey, Milan Polak, Lion Music
- 2009: Shrapnel's Super Shredders: Neoclassical, Shrapnel
- 2009: This is Shredding, Vol. 1, Shrapnel
- 1993: Shredding, REH830, CPP Media Group
|This article on a United States rock guitarist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|