John Clarke (actor)
This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (April 2008)
Clarke as Mickey Horton in Days of Our Lives, 1967
April 14, 1932 |
South Bend, Indiana, U.S.
John Clarke (born April 14, 1932 in South Bend, Indiana) is an American actor. Clarke is recognized for originating and portraying Mickey Horton on the NBC soap opera Days of Our Lives for 39 years, beginning with the debut of the program in 1965, until he retired early in 2004 because of health concerns. He was replaced in the role by John Ingle, who left the program in 2006.
In 1959, Clarke acted with Ida Lupino in an episode of CBS's The Twilight Zone titled The Sixteen-Millimeter Shrine. In the 1961-1962 television season, he was cast in 27 episodes as Patrolman Joe Huddleston in Leslie Nielsen's ABC crime drama series, The New Breed.
- Operation Bottleneck (1961, as Sgt. Marty Regan)
- You Have to Run Fast (1961, as Chuck)
- Gun Street (1961, as Deputy Sheriff Sam Freed)
- Judgment at Nuremberg (1961, as Prison Guard, uncredited)
- It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (1963, as a helicopter pilot, uncredited)
- The Thin Red Line (1964, uncredited)
- Finger on the Trigger (1965, as Numitah)
- The Satan Bug (1965, as Lt. Raskin)
- Destination Space (1959, TV movie, as Space Ship Crew)
- Hawaiian Eye (1960, 1 episode, as Jablonsky)
- The New Breed (1961–1962, 27 episodes, as Officer Joe Huddleston)
- Death Valley Days (1960–1968, 7 episodes, as miscellaneous characters)
- Days of Our Lives (1965–2004, 176 episodes, as Mickey Horton)
- "About the Actors | John Clarke - soapcentral.com". soapcentral.com. Retrieved 2016-04-14.
|This article about an American television actor or actress born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|