John Cummings (musician)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||John Cummings|
|Genres||Post-rock, instrumental rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, record producer, songwriter|
|Instruments||Guitar, programming, synthesizers|
|Years active||1995 – 2015|
Play It Again Sam
After forming and playing a few gigs in 1995 as a three-piece, Mogwai enlisted John Cummings on guitar. Though he mostly contributed guitar to the band, Cummings has also sung on the song "Boring Machines Disturbs Sleep", from 2003's Happy Songs for Happy People. He left Mogwai in November 2015 to pursue a solo career.
The Reindeer Section
Cummings produced Part Chimp's albums Chart Pimp and I Am Come, the Errors EP How Clean is your Acid House?, The Magnificents album Year of Explorers, Trout's Norma Jean EP and Street Horrrsing by Fuck Buttons.
He also contributed guitar to The Zephyrs' 2004 album, A Year to the Day and Setting Sun from their 2001 album When The Sky Comes Down It Comes Down On Your Head.
Throughout his time in Mogwai, Cummings has mainly used various models of the Fender Telecaster Custom and Gibson SG, often using irregular tunings.
- Boss OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion (2)
- Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive
- Boss TR-2 Tremolo
- Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
- Electro-Harmonix HOG (2)
- Electro-Harmonix Holy Stain
- Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man With Hazarai
- Jim Dunlop Uni-Vibe
- MXR Carbon Copy Delay
- MXR Kerry King 10 Band EQ (2)
- T-Rex Dr Swamp Distortion/Overdrive
- Strong, Martin Charles (2003-10-31). The great indie discography. Canongate U.S. pp. 12–. ISBN 978-1-84195-335-9. Retrieved 1 August 2011.
- Alessandro Sgritta (30 May 2016). "S is for Stanley di Alex Infascelli al cinema con le musiche di John Cummings". Musical News. Retrieved 6 November 2016.