Fedchock studied at Ohio State University and the Eastman School of Music. He worked for several years in the Woody Herman Orchestra in the 1980s, and was particularly noted for his arrangements during this time. He also worked with Gerry Mulligan, Louie Bellson, Bob Belden, Rosemary Clooney, and Susannah McCorkle. He recorded his first album as a leader in 1992 with the New York Big Band, which remains active into the late 2000s.
- New York Big Band (Reservoir, 1992)
- On the Edge (Reservoir, 1998)
- Hit the Bricks (Reservoir, 2000)
- No Nonsense (Reservoir, 2002)
- Up and Running (Reservoir, 2007)