Johnny Guitar (song)
|Song by Peggy Lee|
The song became an instant classic and has been covered many times as a song and as an instrumental. It was also played on all of the radio stations in the videogame Fallout: New Vegas.
|This section needs expansion with: covers, language versions. You can help by adding to it. (January 2012)|
Instrumental covers were made by The Leemen, The Spotnicks, Group Seven in the 1960s. Later versions include James Last, Kristi Rose, Die Haut feat. Blixa Bargeld and was sung in French by Jeanne Balibar in 2003. Eric Clapton released an instrumental version on CD single in 2001.
Language covers were done, amongst others :
- in Finnish by Reino Helismaa (lyricist) as "Surujen kitara".
- in French by Frida Boccara (1963), Luis Mariano (1956), Magali Noël (1955) and Tino Rossi (1955), either as "Johnny guitar" or "Johnny guitare", w/ lyrics adapted by Pierre Delanoë.
- in German by Daliah Lavi as "Johnny Guitar".
- in English by Italian crooner Renato Carosone, and pop singer Giuni Russo, in Spanish by Italian singer Gigliola Cinquetti
- in Persian by Iranian singer/ songwriter, Fereydoon Forooghi (1980) as "Bloody Dawn".
- in Arabic by Lebanese singer/ songwriter, Fairuz & Rahbani Brother (1960)
- Young, Victor. Cinema Rhapsodies: The Musical Genius of Victor Young Ontario: (Hit Parade Records, 2006).