Johnson Health Tech
Number of locations
|Subsidiaries||Johnson Fitness & Wellness, Horizon Fitness, Matrix Fitness, Vision Fitness|
Johnson Health Tech. Co., Ltd. (JHT; Chinese: 喬山健康科技; pinyin: Qiáoshān Jiànkāng Kējì) is a multinational company engaged in the manufacturing and sale of exercise equipments. It is headquartered in Taichung, Taiwan. JHT's products include treadmills, stationary bicycles, elliptical trainers, weight training machines etc. The company has manufacturing plants in Shanghai and Taiwan, and R&D centers in Shanghai, Taiwan, and North America. It is the winner of two Taiwan Excellence Awards.
Some of the subsidiary companies owned by Johnson Health Tech are:
- Johnson Fitness & Wellness: A Cottage Grove, Wisconsin-based personal fitness and wellness retailer that sells treadmills, ellipticals, exercise bikes, home gyms and accessories.
- Horizon Fitness: A Cottage Grove, Wisconsin-based company that manufactures treadmills, stationary bicycles, elliptical trainers for domestic use.
- Advanced Fitness Groups (AFG): Also a Cottage Grove, Wisconsin-based subsidiary that acts as a semi-exclusive name brand for Sears (in the United States) and Canadian Tire (in Canada)
- 'Matrix Fitness': A company that manufactures exercise equipments for commercial use.
- 'Vision Fitness': A company that manufactures exercise equipments for domestic and commercial use.
JHT is present in the Indian market through contracts with Snap and Gold's Gym. In June 2010, it expanded its presence in the India by making a three-year contract with Talwalkars regarding the supply of gym equipments. Before June 2010, JHT's annual sale in India was 2 million USD. As of 2009, 7.5% of JHT's global revenue, amounting 23 million USD, comes from the Chinese market.
In August 2015, Johnson Health Tech was fined $3 million by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission for failing to report defects in its Matrix Fitness Ascent and Elliptical trainers. The commission was not notified promptly of multiple reports of smoking, fires, and melted power components. Johnson Health Tech agreed to pay the fine but did not admit to the charges.
- "Our Heritage". Johnson Health Tech. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- Liu, Philip (July 28, 2010). "Johnson Health Tech Looks for Growth in Commercial Fitness Equipment Market". CENS.com. Archived from the original on 27 February 2015. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- "Profile: Johnson Health Tech Co Ltd". reuters.com. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- "Our Brands". Johnson Health Tech. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- "About Johnson Fitness & Wellness". Johnson Fitness & Wellness. Retrieved 31 May 2018.
- "About Horizon Fitness". Johnson Fitness & Wellness. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- "About Advanced Fitness Groups". Advanced Fitness Groups. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "Find a Retailer". Advanced Fitness Groups. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
- "About Matrix". Matrix Fitness. Archived from the original on 22 January 2013. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- "The Vision Fitness Story". Vision Fitness. Retrieved 10 February 2013.
- "Johnson Health Tech Agrees to Pay $3 Million Civil Penalty for Failure to Report Defective Fitness Equipment". United States Consumer Product Safety Commission. Retrieved 30 August 2015.
|This article about a Taiwanese corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|