Jonathan Fox (swimmer)
He represented Great Britain at the 2008 Summer Paralympics held in Beijing, China. Fox won a silver medal in the 100-metre backstroke S7 event. He also finished fifth in the 100-metre freestyle, eighth in the 50-metre freestyle and ninth in the 400-metre freestyle.
In 2009 at the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) European Swimming Championships held in Reykjavík, Iceland, he won three gold medals and two silver medals. At the 2010 IPC Swimming World Championships Fox won a gold medal in the 100-metre backstroke event and a bronze in the 400-metre freestyle. In the same year he won two gold medals and two bronze at the British Championships. In 2011 Fox won three gold, a silver and two bronze medals at the European Championships in Berlin as well as two gold medals at the British Championships.
Fox was selected to compete for Great Britain at the 2012 Summer Paralympics in the 50-metre freestyle, 100-metre freestyle, 400-metre freestyle and 100-metre backstroke events in the S7 classification. In the heats of the 100 m backstroke he broke his own world record, setting a time of one minute 9.86 seconds to qualify fastest for the final. He went on to win the final in a time of one minute 10.46 seconds to take Great Britain's first swimming gold medal at the Games.
- GRO reference: June 1991, Vol. 21, Page 1537
- "Jonathan Fox profile page". British Swimming. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- Houghton, Jermaine (21 July 2012). "Jonathan Fox". The Guardian. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- "Jonathan Fox". British Paralympic Association. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- "Jonathan Fox targets 2012 Paralympic gold". BBC Sport. 3 June 2010. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- "Jonathan Fox – Events and results". The London Organizing Committee of the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games Limited. Archived from the original on 31 August 2012. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- Burns, Liz (30 August 2012). "Swimming: Team GB's Jonathan Fox sets new world record at the Aquatics Centre". The Independent. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- "Paralympics: Fox wins GB's first swimming gold". Channel 4 News. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- Hope, Nick (30 August 2012). "Paralympics 2012: Jonathan Fox wins British gold in the pool". BBC Sport. Retrieved 30 August 2012.
- IPC Swimming World Records – Long Course[permanent dead link]
- "No. 60367". The London Gazette (Supplement). 29 December 2012. p. 24.
-  Cabinet Office