|Born||Jordan James Gavaris
September 25, 1989
Caledon, Ontario, Canada
Gavaris was born in Caledon, Ontario, Canada. His father is a Greek immigrant, and his mother was born in Canada and is of northern European descent. He is the youngest of three children.
Gavaris made his feature film debut in the Canadian independent film, 45 R.P.M. opposite Michael Madsen, Kim Coates, and Amanda Plummer. In 2010, Gavaris co-starred in the Cartoon Network live-action series Unnatural History. Currently, Gavaris is co-starring in the new original drama Orphan Black for BBC America  and Canada's Space.
In 2010, Gavaris was honoured by Playback Magazine, Panavision Canada, and The Canadian Film and Television Hall of Fame by being named one of 2010's "Top Ten to Watch". Previous honourees include Nina Dobrev and Xavier Dolan.
In 2014, Gavaris won a Canadian Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor and also won a Constellation Award for best performance in an episode. On August 18, 2014, Gavaris was announced as the winner of the 2014 EWwy Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series.
In the media
The English accent Gavaris employs for his role as Felix Dawkins is so convincing that Entertainment Weekly writer Dalton Ross is "not entirely convinced that it’s not his normal accent that he’s faking." Gavaris told Ross that Michiel Huisman, Jerome Flynn and Maria Doyle Kennedy all thought he was English:
When I lost the affectation after the read-through, Maria [Kennedy] was shocked. I think using an accent or affectation has given me a freedom as Felix I may not have otherwise found. The role has been by far the most liberating experience that anyone my age could have. There are so few colorful characters for people my age, it's a real treat to get to experiment in character work.
|2008||45 R.P.M.||Parry Tender|
|2013||Curse of Chucky||U.S. Ex Delivery Guy|
|2015||Sea of Trees||Eric|
|2008||G2G: Got to Go!||Barry||Unknown episodes|
|2009||Degrassi: The Next Generation||Nathan||2 episodes|
|2010||Unnatural History||Jasper Bartlett||Lead Role; 13 episodes|
|2013–present||Orphan Black||Felix Dawkins||Main Cast;
Canadian Screen Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Supporting Role in a Dramatic Program or Series (2014, 2015)
Constellation Award for Best Male Performance in a 2013 Science Fiction Television Episode (2014)
EWwy Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (2014)
|2013||Cracked||Grant Mackenzie||Episode: "The Valley"|
- "45 RPM Cast". 45rpmthemovie.com. Retrieved November 7, 2012.
- "Jordan Gavaris (UNNATURAL HISTORY) Exclusive Interview". TV Equals. July 7, 2010. Retrieved November 7, 2012.
- "Jordan Gavaris Talks BBC America's Orphan Black, Clones and Much More, "Orphan Black"". BioGamer Girl Magazine. May 16, 2013. Retrieved June 15, 2013.
- "BBC Adds More Cast to 'clone drama', "Orphan Black"". The Hollywood Reporter. October 23, 2012. Retrieved December 24, 2012.
- Emily Claire Afan (September 8, 2010). "10 To Watch: Jordan Gavaris". Playback. Retrieved November 7, 2012.
- Mandi Bierly (August 18, 2014). "EWwy Awards 2014: Meet Your Winners". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved August 18, 2014.
- Ross, Dalton (March 16, 2014). "Orphan Black: Jordan Gavaris Talks Felix and Having the Best Fake Accent On TV". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved March 16, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jordan Gavaris.|