Reed with the Washington Redskins in 2016
|No. 86 – Washington Redskins|
July 3, 1990|
New London, Connecticut
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||245 lb (111 kg)|
|High school:||New London (CT)|
|NFL Draft:||2013 / Round: 3 / Pick: 85|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 1, 2018|
Jordan Q. Reed (born July 3, 1990) is an American football tight end for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Florida, and was drafted by the Redskins in the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
A native of New London, Connecticut, Reed attended New London High School. As a junior, he completed 122 of 222 passes for 1,706 yards and 38 touchdowns. He threw only two interceptions, and also rushed for 370 yards and eight touchdowns. He led New London to an undefeated regular season in 2007, and was a finalist for the 2008 Joe Montana High School Quarterback of the Year. Considered a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, he was rated the 10th best dual-threat quarterback in the nation.
Reed accepted an athletic scholarship to attend the University of Florida, where he played for coach Urban Meyer and coach Will Muschamp's Florida Gators football teams from 2009 to 2012. Originally recruited as a quarterback, he did not appear in any games and was redshirted as a true freshman in 2009. After the 2009 season, he shifted to the tight end position. Reed finished his college career with 78 receptions for 938 yards and six touchdowns. He decided to forgo his final season of college eligibility, and enter the NFL Draft after the 2012 season.
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 1⁄2 in
|4.72 s||16 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine|
On September 15, 2013, Reed recorded his first career touchdown against the Green Bay Packers. This touchdown made him the first Redskins rookie to score a touchdown in the first two games of his career since retired tight end Chris Cooley in 2004. On October 20, 2013, Reed recorded a career-high nine receptions for a career-high 134 yards and a touchdown against the Chicago Bears, setting a new Redskins franchise record for receiving yards by a rookie tight end, as well as recording his first 100-plus yard game. On November 11, 2013, Reed was pulled out of the game early after suffering a concussion in a game against the Philadelphia Eagles. After missing four consecutive games due to headaches after the concussion, he was placed on injured reserve on December 19, 2013. Despite playing only nine games, with four starts, in his first season, Reed was named to Pro Football Weekly/Pro Football Writers of America all-rookie team.
On September 7, 2014, Reed exited the season opener against the Houston Texans with a hamstring injury. Reed was sidelined for four more games until Week 6. On October 12, 2014, Reed caught eight passes for 92 yards against the Arizona Cardinals. On November 16, 2014, Reed suffered another hamstring injury during the game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The injury sat Reed out for Week 12 game against the San Francisco 49ers. On November 30, 2014, Reed caught nine passes for a 123 yards against the Indianapolis Colts, for his second 100-plus game of his career.
On September 13, 2015, Reed caught seven passes for 63 yards and his first touchdown of the season against the Miami Dolphins, a four-yarder. On October 25, 2015, Reed caught a career-high 11 passes for 72 yards and a career-high two touchdowns against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The touchdowns were from 3 and 6 yards out, respectively. On November 15, 2015, Reed caught two more touchdowns against the New Orleans Saints, a 16-yard reception and an 8-yard reception. On November 29, 2015, Reed caught 8 passes for 98 yards against the New York Giants. On December 13, 2015, Reed caught 9 passes for 120 yards and a touchdown against the Chicago Bears for his 3rd 100-plus yard game of his career. On December 20, 2015, Reed caught 7 passes for 84 yards against the Buffalo Bills. Reed caught two touchdowns for the 3rd time this season, one from 3 yards out, and the other from 18 yards out. On December 26, 2015, Reed recorded 129 yards off of nine receptions and two touchdowns against the Philadelphia Eagles to win the NFC East. In his first playoff game, Reed recorded nine passes for 120 yards and one touchdown against the Green Bay Packers. He was ranked 77th on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2016.
On May 5, 2016, Reed signed a five-year contract extension, worth $50 million, including $22 million guaranteed. On October 2, 2016, Reed caught nine passes for 73 yards and two touchdowns against the Cleveland Browns. Reed scored two touchdowns in a single game for the 5th time in his career. Reed became the fastest tight end in NFL history to reach 200 career receptions. On October 13, 2016, Reed was diagnosed with a concussion and was sidelined for two games until Week 8. On October 30, 2016, Reed caught nine passes for 99 yards and a touchdown against the Cincinnati Bengals, his 17th touchdown of his career. On November 20, 2016, Reed caught five passes for 79 yards against the Green Bay Packers. Reed's 231 career receptions passed Rod Gardner (227) for 15th on the Redskins' all-time receptions list. On November 24, 2016, Reed caught a season-high ten passes for 95 yards and two touchdowns against the Dallas Cowboys. Reed recorded a 5-yard touchdown and an 8-yard touchdown, scoring his fourth and fifth touchdown of the season (18th and 19th career). During the game, Reed suffered a Grade 3 AC joint separation in his left shoulder, keeping him out of the Week 13 matchup against the Arizona Cardinals. On December 20, 2016, in a Monday Night Football game against the Carolina Panthers (in which Washington lost to Carolina), Reed was ejected after punching Panthers safety Kurt Coleman in the helmet; the subsequent penalty pushed Washington out of the red zone and forced them to make a field goal instead. On December 20, 2016, Reed was named to the 2017 Pro Bowl roster, which was his first career Pro Bowl nomination. He was also ranked 65th on the NFL Top 100 Players of 2017.
Missing the majority of the 2017 season while dealing with a hamstring injury, Reed was placed on injured reserve on December 12, 2017. He finished the season with 27 receptions, 211 yards, and two touchdowns over six games.
- UF's Jordan Reed to enter draft
- "NFL Combine Profile", NFL.com, retrieved 2013-05-08
- Tinsman, Brian (April 26, 2013). "Reed Had 'No Idea' Redskins Were Interested". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2013-05-25.
- Tinsman, Brian (May 25, 2013). "Redskins Sign Tight End Jordan Reed". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2013-05-25.
- "Washington Redskins QB Robert Griffin III finds tight end Jordan Reed for the touchdown". NFL.com. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- Czarda, Stephen (September 18, 2013). "Reed's Score Fastest By Rookie Since Cooley". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2013-10-06.
- Tinsman, Brian (October 23, 2013). "Reed's Record Performance Shocks No One". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2013-11-11.
- "With Hankerson hurt, Redskins want Morgan back". Washington Post. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- Hamilton, Tracee (December 16, 2013). "Jordan Reed is the player the Washington Redskins should shut down for season". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2013-12-19.
- Hanzus, Dan (December 19, 2013). "Redskins' Jordan Reed (concussion) out for season". NFL.com. Retrieved 2013-12-19.
- Tinsman, Brian (January 14, 2014). "Jordan Reed On PFWA's All-Rookie Team". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2014-01-14.
- Boyer, Zac (2014-09-07). "Jordan Reed, Barry Cofield leave Redskins' season opener with injuries". The Washington Times. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- Jones, Mike (2014-10-08). "After four weeks on sideline, Jordan Reed 'shooting for Sunday'". Washington Post. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- Overton, Will (2014-10-13). "Waiver Worthy: Week 6 Fallout: Jordan Reed Returns, Jace Amaro Emerges and More | Rotoprofessor". rotoprofessor.com. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- Hurcomb, Michael (2014-11-16). "Redskins TE Jordan Reed dealing with another hamstring injury". CBSSports.com. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- Fucillo, David (2014-11-23). "Vance McDonald inactive for Sunday". Niners Nation. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- "McCoy's three touchdowns not enough; Colts beat Skins 49-27". WAVY-TV. 2014-12-01. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- Czarda, Stephen (2015-09-13). "Jordan Reed Scores Touchdown In Opener". Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- Czarda, Stephen (2015-10-25). "Jordan Reed Makes The Difference In Victory". Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- "Redskins Kirk Cousins hits Jordan Reed for a 3-yards touchdown". NFL.com. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- "Redskins Kirk Cousins hits Jordan Reed for a 6-yard touchdown". NFL.com. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- NFL (2015-11-15), Jordan Reed Leaps & Stretches for a Big TD! | Saints vs. Redskins | NFL, retrieved 2016-10-30
- "Redskins Kirk Cousins find Jordan Reed for 8-yard TD". NFL.com. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- Pantorno, Joe. "Post-Week 12 Fantasy Advice for Jackson, Reed and Garcon". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- Tesfatsion, Master (2015-12-13). "On a rainy day in Chicago, Redskins' Jordan Reed shines". Washington Post. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- Czarda, Stephen (2015-12-20). "Jordan Reed Continues Hot Streak In Victory". Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- NFL (2015-12-20), Jordan Reed Out Muscles 2 Defenders For TD! | Bills vs. Redskins | NFL, retrieved 2016-10-30
- "WATCH: Cousins Finds Reed Again For 18-Yard TD". Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- Kring-Schreifels, Jake (2015-12-26). "Jordan Reed Sets More Records, Propels Redskins To Division Championship". Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- Czarda, Stephen (2016-01-10). "Jordan Reed's Dominance Carries Over To Playoffs". Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- NFL Top 100 Players of 2016 - No. 77 Jordan Reed
- "TE Reed signs $50M extension with Redskins". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2016-05-05.
- Harmon, Matt (2016-10-02). "Jimmy Graham and Jordan Reed re-establish in Week 4". NFL.com. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- Czarda, Stephen. "Fastest Tight End To 200 Receptions, Jordan Reed Has Big Day Vs. Browns". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2 October 2016.
- Ortega, Mark (2016-10-13). "Injuries: Jordan Reed (concussion) sits out practice". NFL.com. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- Marcum, Jason (2016-10-30). "Jordan Reed injury update". SBNation.com. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- "Redskins' Jordan Reed: Scores touchdown in tie". CBSSports.com. Retrieved 2016-10-30.
- Lewis Jr., Lake (2016-11-21). "Instant analysis of Redskins 42-24 win over struggling Packers". Redskins Wire. Retrieved 2016-12-17.
- "Redskins-Packers Monday Stats Pack". Retrieved 2016-12-17.
- Kring-Schreifels, Jake (2016-11-24). "After Injuring Shoulder, Jordan Reed Returns With Major Second Half". Retrieved 2016-12-17.
- NFL (2016-11-24), Jordan Reed's 2 TD Day (Week 12 Highlights) | Redskins vs. Cowboys | NFL, retrieved 2016-12-17
- "Jordan Reed Career Touchdown Log". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 2016-12-17.
- Clarke, Liz (2016-11-25). "Jordan Reed could miss time with Grade 3 AC joint separation in left shoulder". Washington Post. Retrieved 2016-12-17.
- "NFL announces 2017 Pro Bowl rosters". NFL.com. December 20, 2016. Retrieved December 21, 2016.
- NFL Top 100 Players of 2017 - No. 65 Jordan Reed
- Czarda, Stephen (December 12, 2017). "Redskins Place Three On Injured Reserve, Sign Three To Active Roster". Redskins.com. Archived from the original on January 4, 2018. Retrieved December 12, 2017.
- Carter, Scott (October 20, 2010). "Brotherly Support Continues To Propel Jordan Reed To New Heights". GatorZone.com. Retrieved 2013-09-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jordan Reed.|